CARILION CLINIC: INSPIRING BETTER HEALTH
Carilion Clinic is a not–for–profit healthcare organization based in Roanoke, Va. Through our comprehensive network of hospitals, primary and specialty physician practices, and other complementary services, we work together to provide quality care close to home for nearly 1 million Virginians. With an enduring commitment to the health of our region, we also seek to advance care through medical education and research, help our community stay healthy, and inspire our region to grow stronger.
Improve the health of the communities we serve.
We are committed to a common purpose of better patient care, better community health, and lower cost.
- CommUNITY – Working in unison to serve our community, our Carilion family and our loved ones
- Courage – Doing what's right for our patients without question
- Commitment – Unwavering in our quest for exceptional quality and service
- Compassion – Putting heart into everything we do
- Curiosity – Fostering creativity and innovation in our pursuit of excellence
With headquarters in Roanoke, Va., Carilion Clinic serves approximately 1 million residents in western Virginia
Quick Facts (fiscal year 2013)
- Employed physicians: 600+ representing more than 60 specialties
- Practice sites: 220
- Primary care visits: 840,000
- Employees: 11,400
- Licensed beds: 1,187 (does not include 60 Neonatal ICU beds available)
- Admissions: 50,311
- Emergency Department visits: 182,900
- Total revenues: $1.4 billion (net)
Community Benefit (fiscal year 2012, per IRS guidelines)
- Uncompensated Care: $110.2 million (includes $71.8 in charity care)
- Education: $15.2 million • Research: $ 1.2 million
- Community Outreach: $4.9 million
- Total: $131.5 million