Dayton Foundation, The
What We Do
The Dayton Foundation is a community foundation that has been serving the charitable giving needs of our Greater Dayton neighbors since 1921.
We provide unmatched services, resources, support and counsel to help individuals achieve their charitable goals; we assist other nonprofits by funding important initiatives and offering our expertise to help them operate more effectively; and we're helping build a better Dayton by identifying important issues and bringing together the people and organizations who can solve them.
Whether you are an individual, financial advisor, nonprofit organization or someone wanting to make a difference, The Dayton Foundation can help.
IMPROVING OUR REGION'S QUALITY OF LIFE
We support donors and charitable organizations whose interest is to improve our region's quality of life by:
• helping donors and their advisors develop the best and most tax-wise, customized and effective charitable giving plans;
• maintaining the integrity of our donors' charitable intent, today and in perpetuity;
• investing and managing charitable funds
• awarding grants ($46.2 million awarded in fiscal year 2012-13) to assist charitable causes and our community's not-for-profit organizations; and
• providing a variety of services to help strengthen local not-for-profit organizations.
Convening Others for Our Community's Benefit
The Dayton Foundation also brings together community leaders and not-for-profit organizations to strengthen our community by:
• identifying emerging problems and opportunities in our region and
• finding new ways to work together to meet these challenges.
Employing Charitable-Giving Experts to Help Charitable People
Our team of professional and support staff is committed to:
• helping donors make a difference in our community and with the charitable organizations they care about;
• providing skilled, long-term professional management of donors’ charitable dollars and charitable wishes; and
• assisting donors and their advisors identify the best and most tax-wise giving vehicles to help them achieve their charitable goals.
Let us help you help others. Learn more about our staff on the Who Here Can Help You page.
The Dayton Foundation has met all national standards for U.S. community foundations and is accredited by The Council on Foundations and the Ohio Association of Nonprofit Organizations. Read more about our accreditation and standards.