Green Hills Retirement Community/Ames, Iowa
Since 1986, Green Hills has been addressing the growing needs of the retiring and senior communities. Today, Green Hills is one of two retirement communities in Iowa managed by Life Care Services (LCS), the nation's leading developer and manager of senior living communities. Green Hills Retirement Community sits on a beautiful green 30-acre campus near Iowa State University in the City of Ames. Green Hills offers its members a true sense of community, in a safe and warm environment.
Green Hills is a resident-owned retirement community that enhances the quality of life of its residents by providing services through a continuum of care.
Green Hills will be a leading retirement community, one that will enhance its residents' quality of life by continuing to provide educational opportunities, cultural experiences, fitness and wellness development, diverse activities, and superior health care. We will maximize partnerships including but not limited to neighboring organizations and institutions such as Iowa State University, Iowa State University Alumni Association, McFarland Clinic, Mary Greeley Medical Center, Heartland Senior Services, and the Ames Community.
Green Hills Values
We believe in:
- The spirit of community, while respecting the privacy and independence of each resident through
- Resident-owned town homes and apartments
- Home-like atmospheres throughout a continuum of care
- Choice of activities
- Focusing on resident needs and interests through
- Effective communication and transparency
- Available transportation for shopping, culture, education, medical appointments, tours and sports
- An environment encouraging physical, social, and educational growth through programs at Green Hills, Iowa State University, and the Ames community
- Providing peace of mind through
- Respect for the rights of the individual
- The provision of safe, considerate, and professional services
- The availability of a transitional continuum of care which includes health care services
- Buildings and grounds designed for safety
- A commitment to individual attention
- Accomplishing these services through capable and compassionate employees who are committed to enhancing residents quality of life through
- Respect for resident dignity
- Honesty and integrity