Advanced Control Systems, an Indra Company (ACS), provides intelligent automation systems to electric utilities for monitoring and controlling electric power transmission and distribution. As a major supplier of utility automation systems throughout the world, we have established a reputation for technological innovation and leadership in the evolution of the intelligent power grid. ACS is a proven technological leader in our industry and actively engages our team of employees in a dynamic and challenging work environment.
The Regional Sales Director visits potential and existing customers for the purpose of selling software systems (OMS, DMS and EMS) and professional consulting services to the US electric utility market throughout the southeastern United States. This position requires extensive domestic travel and may include some international travel.
· Develops a pipeline of advanced electrical network management systems, including substation automation hardware, opportunities in the assigned region with direct responsibility for agreed orders target.
· Manages third party sales reps in the region and supports filling gaps in rep coverage as appropriate.
· Identifies prospective projects and lead customer engagement to order closure.
· Supports RFP responses by coordinating across various internal and external partners.
· Leads development and execution of capture strategies between customer and ACS and between ACS and project partners.
· Supports the financial analysis and modeling of the project benefits to support customer justification.
· Participates and coordinates resources for the successful conclusion of negotiations relating to contractual terms and conditions.
· Gathers and communicates to the ACS organization market requirements, competitive analysis, and large customer expectations.
· Supports transition of secured contracts to project management and execution teams.
· BS/BA degree from an accredited college or university with a minimum of five years direct marketing, sales, and contracting experience around automation and control hardware and software solutions to Electric Utilities. A combination of education and experience will be considered.
· Experience managing third party rep agencies to support delivery of order targets Knowledge of Electric Utility network control systems and business processes preferred.
· Experience with projects in Operational Technology (OT) and Information Technology (IT) landscapes preferred.
· Excellent written and oral presentation skills.
· Ability to effectively present information to public groups, C-level management, and/or boards of directors.
· Ability to integrate and work across multiple company & partner functions
· Experience working with network control system consultant engineers a plus
· Transmission & Distribution Network applications and operations knowledge preferred.
· Ability to build a network of relationships with industry executives and associations within the assigned region is preferred.
This is a remote position and does not require relocation. However, our preferred candidate should reside in the southeastern United States.