Position Name: Occupational Health Nurse
Location: Green Bay, WI
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Basic responsibilities will be to promote health, prevent disease, and help employees cope with industrial illness and injuries; advocate and health educator for employees.
- Use nursing skills to evaluate patient care needs, prioritize treatment, and maintain patient flow.
- Take patient vital signs, perform first aid, treat wounds, and evaluate physical condition of patients.
- Collaborate with physician, hospital or other Licensed Independent Practitioner to arrange for further medical treatment.
- Maintain medical records of persons treated, and forms as needed.
- Develop employee programs such as health education, accident prevention, alcohol abuse counseling, curtailment of smoking, and weight control regimens.
- Perform pre-employment medical history interviews.
- Maintain medical supplies used in department.
- Operate various first aid apparatus (i.e. AED).
- Assist in coordinating the return-to-work duty program.
- Effectively communicate in a timely fashion any employee work restrictions to supervisors, HR, or other appropriate personnel.
- Document accurately all elements of nursing assessment, treatments, medications administered, discharge instructions provided, and follow up care arranged.
- Evaluate health education/promotion needs of patients and provides necessary training and instruction.
- Identify emergency situations and provides care within legal scope of practice.
- Maintain a clean and safe environment. Follows infection control procedures.
- Maintain patient privacy and confidential patient information.
- Participate in follow up phone calls and follow up patient visits.
- Coordinate “health fair” type events to include: CPR & AED training, audiometric testing; flu shots, etc.
- Assist with and/or cover for other health/safety personnel when absent.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively with all types of employees and the medical community.
- Must have knowledge of professional nursing theory and practice and common safety hazards and precautions.
- Problem sensitivity and ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Ability to ensure basic precautions are followed to prevent exposure.
- Occupational Hearing Conservationist certification a plus.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Good judgment and decision-making skills.
- Good time management; ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects.
- Must be able to work hours contingent on business need.
- This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management. Must ensure confidentiality of information.
- Fluency in Spanish a plus (reading, speaking, and writing).
Education, Training, and Licenses:
- Current RN license and 3 years’ experience OR Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN) and 5 years’ experience; preferably in a manufacturing environment. Will consider LPN with 5 years’ experience in vocational or manufacturing setting.
- Current CPR Certification and 1st Aid Certification required.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Legal/ADA Considerations: Normal office environment. Occasional periods of shop environment. Extended work hours.
An Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Vet
How to Apply:
Please email your resume to us:
American Foods Group, LLC.