AFL provides industry-leading fiber optic products and services across the globe. Our company was founded in 1984 with a single fiber optic cable and now we manufacture over two thousand products, employ over 5,000 associates and consistently generate annual sales in excess of a billion-dollars in revenue. With our commitment to professional growth and employee development, let AFL Connect you to your next career opportunity!
The Quality Control Technician shall help ensure the overall quality of the product produced by assessing the condition of the product from its raw material stage to being a completed product; validating processes through process audits; providing documentation to support the degree of compliance to operational requirements of the quality program.
This individual will perform receiving, in-process, and final inspection testing and report results to manufacturing through proper tagging and other communication methods.
This individual will perform Manufacturing Process Audits to systematically examine the process with respect to quality for the purpose of providing an independent assessment of products and processes in order to assess compliance with requirements.
These independent evaluations of products or processes are performed to ascertain compliance to standards, guidelines specifications, and procedures based on objective criteria.
The Quality Control Technician will utilize testing and measuring equipment to conduct these inspections.
The Quality Control Technician will maintain quality records related to testing and auditing.
- Perform testing and process quality audits in accordance with established procedures.
- Apply the procedures related to inspection, tests and quality plans.
- Report results and any observations to co-workers, managers, and engineering as required.
- Provide necessary actions to get product or process under control.
- Data entry of material, test, and audit results.
- Tag material to identify proper inspection status.
- Work on multiple product lines and have flexibility in work schedule and test diversity
- Participate on continuous improvements teams to achieve the highest level of test efficiency.
- Interaction with and support for the engineering staff as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Adhere to and promote the environmental, health & safety policies of AFL.
Requirements & Skills:
- Minimum 1 year of manufacturing experience preferably in position that requires a solid understanding of quality control.
- Oracle or equivalent system knowledge preferred. Proficient user of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- ISO-9001 training is preferred.
- Well-honed time management, planning and organizational skills. Able to multi-task.
- Strong oral and written communication as well as listening skills with the ability to interact at all levels of the organization and with customers.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills with the propensity to engage others as necessary to complete assignments.
- Strong bias for action and problem-solving with a mindset towards quality and protecting the customer.
- Very observant, thorough and attention to detail. Uses good judgement.
- Amicable, professional and dependable.
- Self-starter with integrity and confidence who strives to achieve even in the most challenging environments with limited supervision.
- Able to comprehend and follow work instructions, apply basic math, and use handheld measurement devices.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information.
How To Apply: