AFL provides industry-leading fiber optic products and services across the globe. Our company was founded in 1984 with a single fiber optic cable and now we manufacture over two thousand products, employ over 5,000 associates and consistently generate annual sales in excess of a billion-dollars in revenue. With our commitment to professional growth and employee development, let AFL Connect you to your next career opportunity!
AFL is seeking a Technical Applications Specialist for our Test & Inspection to be based in either our Lowell, MA or Belmont, NH location.
The Technical Support Representative will provide day-to-day support to customers and technical support staff as well as being responsible for delivering best in class technical customer support for AFLs Test and Inspection products. He/she will ensure that processes and procedures are followed effectively and accurately.
- Provide technical and product support to customers, both internal and external
- Respond to customers, and prospective customers, questions/inquiries regarding the features and capabilities of our products
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and identify solutions to resolve customer issues
- Document issues from inception through closure in our Salesforce case management system
- Follow proper escalation process of unresolved issues to appropriate internal teams
- Provide training to internal and external stake holders, including customers
- Work closely with the other members of the technical support staff to achieve common team goals
- Bachelors Degree; in Engineering, Physics, or Math preferred
- A minimum of 3 years of experience providing technical support and training for cloud based software products
- A working knowledge of fiber optics and/or test equipment
- Ability to be a good listener, truly understand a customers problem or question, and possess the ability to help them solve it
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent writing skills and telephone manners
- Excellent computer skills (including Microsoft Office)
- Familiarity with Customer Relationship Management Systems (CRMs)
- Ability to travel up to 25% as well as traveling between the offices in Lowell, MA and Belmont, NH as needed
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information.
How To Apply: