AFL provides industry-leading fiber optic products and services across the globe. Our company was founded in 1984 with a single fiber optic cable and now we manufacture over two thousand products, employ over 5,000 associates and consistently generate annual sales in excess of a billion-dollars in revenue. With our commitment to professional growth and employee development, let AFL Connect you to your next career opportunity!
An entry level engineering technician position focused on supporting testing and development efforts in AFLs Accessories Division. A hands-on position that involves the use and maintenance of various tools and equipment in support of development and production departments.
- Supports engineering development and testing efforts by assembling test samples, performing tests, creating test fixtures, and other tasks as needed.
- Manages engineering work area, ensuring efficient and orderly organization of tools, test samples, and proper disposal of materials.
- Collaborates with engineers and other personnel to identify, define, and solve problems.
- Perform inspections of equipment and prototype/first time parts providing maintenance when necessary.
- Data recording and report writing/generation.
- Initiative willingness to take on additional responsibilities.
- Energetic imparts in others a sense of energy, ownership and personal commitment to the work.
- Teamwork works effectively and thrives as a member of various work groups.
- Thorough demonstrates mastery of the technical aspects of the role and responsibility. Excellent problem solving skills.
- Adaptability easily adapts to workplace changes.
- Communication possess strong written and verbal skills.
- Independent able to work with little supervision.
- Knowledge of basic lab equipment such as strength testers, micrometers, hand tools, torque wrenches, etc.
- Experience assembling components from engineering drawings and verbal instructions.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel).
- Light to moderate machining experience preferred.
- Experience with computer aided drafting is preferred, but not essential.
The physical environment requires the employee to operate various tools and equipment, stand for long periods of time, and lift moderately heavy articles on a routine basis. Some amount of desk work is required, however this position is largely hands-on.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information.
How To Apply: