AFL provides industry-leading fiber optic products and services across the globe. Our company was founded in 1984 with a single fiber optic cable and now we manufacture over two thousand products, employ over 5,000 associates and consistently generate annual sales in excess of a billion-dollars in revenue. With our commitment to professional growth and employee development, let AFL Connect you to your next career opportunity!
AFL is seeking a Product Application Engineer in the Greenville/Spartanburg, SC area. The Application Engineers focus will be to support the Engineering department and AFLs customers with the efficient application of products for the electrical power generation, transmission, distribution, substation and rail industries. The Engineers responsibilities will include some mechanical design, specification of components and materials, and fabrication and test of prototypes. This position will also provide technical support to the manufacturing operation. The Engineer will interface directly with customers regarding product applications, troubleshooting and other technical support.
Requirements and Skills:
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering, Material Science or a closely related field.
- 0-3 years work experience in engineering.
- Basic understanding of fabrication methods, such as casting, machining and welding.
- Basic understanding of mechanical and electrical properties of metals.
- Ability to generate engineering drawings and manufacturing instructions.
- Basic skill in the use of SolidWorks software for mechanical design.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Sound project management skills.
- Self-directed with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information.
How To Apply: