AFL provides industry-leading fiber optic products and services across the globe. Our company was founded in 1984 with a single fiber optic cable and now we manufacture over two thousand products, employ over 5,000 associates and consistently generate annual sales in excess of a billion-dollars in revenue. With our commitment to professional growth and employee development, let AFL Connect you to your next career opportunity!
We are seeking a full time Front End Cloud Developer. The Developer will perform hands-on, front end web development in support of mobile applications, using a variety of modern application development frameworks, languages and techniques. They will be responsible for developing and extending our existing aeRos infrastructure to support new device types and capabilities and connecting to all our applications on both Android and iOS platforms.
- Works closely with engineering, product management, and QA to write cutting edge front-end code using AngularJS
- Designs and implements awesome user Interfaces to help our customers get their jobs done efficiently
- Designs and implements with high performance in mind; our web apps need to handle cables of more than 1500 fiber optic strands
- Works closely with the back-end development team to deliver killer functionality
- Works in a fast-paced, dynamic environment supporting many products on varied release cycles
- Adheres to and promotes the environmental, health & safety policies of AFL
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related discipline
- Hands-on experience with AngularJS is required.
- Full software life-cycle development experience
- Knowledge of how to build and work with RESTful APIs
- Experience working with Google App Engine (GAE), Amazon Web Services (AWS), or Microsoft Azure; GAE experience is the ideal
- Experience working on Agile methodologies and teams (SCRUM preferred)
- Experience working with mobile devices is preferred.
- Experience working in fiber optics is a plus
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong business partnerships
- Possesses the drive and desire to learn constantly and evolve skills
- Results-oriented, self-starter capable of meeting goals in an ever-evolving environment
- Self-confident problem solver with strong analytical skills
- A commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design and the creation of quality products is essential
- Driven to contribute to team strength and culture
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information.
How To Apply: