AFL provides industry-leading fiber optic products and services across the globe. Our company was founded in 1984 with a single fiber optic cable and now we manufacture over two thousand products, employ over 5,000 associates and consistently generate annual sales in excess of a billion-dollars in revenue. With our commitment to professional growth and employee development, let AFL Connect you to your next career opportunity!
The Project Manager executes job plans by coordinating and scheduling assignments, coordinating the materials logistics, crews, and tools required to complete projects on time and within budget. The Project Manager acts as a single point of contact for the customer, sales, operations, and other internal AFL departments on fixed bid projects. Prepares and submits customer-required status reports and project deliverables.
- Produces fixed cost proposal design, development and implementation for various systems including structured cabling, security, wireless, VOIP, public address and CATV with a national focus.
- Manage and report the current status of fixed bid project schedules, scopes, and budget/cost in an accurate and timely manner.
- Prepare and distribute regular performance and status reports as required.
- Material Management
- Conduct site surveys, quality checks and job audits.
- Customer support, including: interfacing with the customer, providing guidance on problem resolution, insuring on time customer service, and maintaining a strong customer relations.
- Understands, adheres to, & promotes the Environmental, Health & Safety policies of AFL Telecoms.
- Leadership Proven success in leading high performance teams, achieving results through others, and being a strong team player
- Analytical Thinking Exceptional ability to analyze data and utilize it to make sound business decision
- Conflict Management and Resolution Skills - Build consensus, anticipate and solve problems
- Results focused Ability to organize and manage multiple, and at time competing priorities
- Communication Skills Demonstrate communication skills necessary to interpret policies in situations requiring persuasion and prepare and present presentations,
- Relationship building skills ability to work within a dynamic team setting and provide role model leadership to AFL workforce
- Associates degree in related field required or a minimum of three years equivalent experience in a similar technical management position
- Extensive relevant technical experience to include fundamental understanding of voice and data networking, structured cabling, fiber optics, routing and switching. Familiarity with business concepts related to the use of information technologies and networking in all aspects of business and organizational operations for the achievement of business/operating objectives
- Think critically and problem solve
- Handle confidential/sensitive information with discretion
- Good judgment
- Organizational skills
- Knowledge of Telecommunications industry
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
- Public speaking experience preferred
- Current industry-related licenses and certifications preferred
- Use of standard office equipment.
- Use of small hand tools.
- Use of power tools.
- Climbing of stairs, ladders, and/or scaffolds.
- Carrying of loads up & down stairs.
- General hours of Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm. But ability to provide support during and outside regular business hours is required.
- Travel required.
- Must be able to work in the United States.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information.
How To Apply: