AFL provides industry-leading fiber optic products and services across the globe. Our company was founded in 1984 with a single fiber optic cable and now we manufacture over two thousand products, employ over 5,000 associates and consistently generate annual sales in excess of a billion-dollars in revenue. With our commitment to professional growth and employee development, let AFL Connect you to your next career opportunity!
The Manufacturing Associate will be a member of the cable manufacturing team and will be responsible for safely operating our production line and machines. He/She must be diligent in adhering to procedures, focused on producing the best quality products, being highly productive and mindful of costs. The successful candidate must be comfortable working in a challenging, dynamic, team-based manufacturing environment.
He/She will be accountable for meeting safety, quality, and production goals in support of our customers and business plan.
The Manufacturing Associate will report to a Manufacturing Leader and may be assigned to different production lines as business needs dictate.
The position is located at our Duncan, SC manufacturing facilities that operate on a seven day, twenty-four schedule. Rotating shifts and weekend work will be required.
The successful candidate will have a blend of the knowledge, skills, competencies, and experience requirements outlined below.
- Adhere to and promote the environmental, health & safety policies of AFL.
- Monitor production and conduct efficient machine changeovers.
- Insure product meets quality specifications and daily production goals are achieved.
- Accurately enter production and quality data using a computer.
- Achieve and maintain assigned production process certifications.
- Maintain assigned work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
- Assist other operators with machine set-up and operation as needed.
- Document and report quality issues.
- Complete assigned preventative maintenance tasks on time.
- Perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / COMPETENCIES
- Self-starter with integrity and confidence who strives to achieve even the most challenging environments with limited supervision.
- Able to comprehend and follow work instructions, apply basic math, and use handheld measurement devices.
- Team player with well-developed interpersonal skills who is comfortable in a cross-functional, multi-cultural environment.
- Mechanically oriented individual with the ability to solve problems and implement change.
- Strong communication and writing skills with the ability to clearly explain issues.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Oracle a plus.
- General understanding of manufacturing operations.
- Good time management.
REQUIREMENTS & EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED.
- Must successfully complete pre-employment assessments, background & reference checks.
- Must be willing to work 3-2-2 schedule (day shift: 7am-7pm and night shift: 7pm-7am) rotating day-shift/night-shift every 2 months.
- Must have a good command of the English language, both written and spoken.
- Previous manufacturing experience in metal/wire forming, extrusion processes, or quality control is a plus.
- Physical demands:
- Job involves sitting, standing, walking and lifting for periods of time throughout the day
- Able to pass pre-employment physical / drug screen and ongoing random drug screens.
- Must be able to differentiate between color shades (cannot be color blind)
- Must be able to lift between 15 and 40 pounds repeatedly on a daily basis.
- Personal protective equipment requirements:
- Safety Glasses must be worn at all times.
- Steel toes shoes must be worn at all times.
- Some positions will require ear plugs to be worn at all times.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information.
How To Apply: