AFL provides industry-leading fiber optic products and services across the globe. Our company was founded in 1984 with a single fiber optic cable and now we manufacture over two thousand products, employ over 5,000 associates and consistently generate annual sales in excess of a billion-dollars in revenue. With our commitment to professional growth and employee development, let AFL Connect you to your next career opportunity!
The Technician will be responsible for the Testing and Turn Up on our Customers` Equipment, Circuits and Fiber Optic Systems. This Technician would also be responsible for furnishing written and/or printouts to our customer of the test results. This Technician must have previous test and turn up experience with optical equipment... Ciena 4200, 5400, and 6500 products are preferred.
- Lead test teams/mentor junior testers and technicians to accomplish project goals.
- Perform long term, load, stress and performance characterization testing.
- Work with a variety of test and patch cords.
- Handle fiber optic jumpers without damaging.
- Perform inventory of all job related materials.
- Perform power verification and power up of equipment.
- Perform acceptance checks of equipment to ensure it meets customer specifications.
- Adhere to and promote the environmental, health & safety policies of AFL
- Flexible open to change & new information and rapidly adapts to changing conditions or unexpected obstacles
- Detail oriented excellent attention to detail with the ability to follow through on assigned tasks
- Independent - ability to work well under limited supervision
- Analytical Thinking/Problem Solving - capable of complex reasoning analysis
- Results focused driven to achieve
- Interpersonal skills able to collaborate on projects, maintain effective relationships, and communicate clearly at all levels of the business
- Adaptability - capable of working in a fast-paced environment, adapt to various situations, and prioritize multiple work assignments simultaneously
- Team Player skills - Possess strong commitment to team environment dynamics with the ability to contribute expertise and follow leadership directives at appropriate times
- 5+ years experience or equivalent as determined by the Installation Supplier and demonstrated in the equipment system/environment
- Knowledge of OEM and RBOC Quality Standards
- In depth technical knowledge of current OEM products with minimal training
- Valid Drivers License
- Finger & wrist dexterity & hand/eye coordination.
- Intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel
- Fluent in English
- Travel away from home for several weeks as may be required on demand.
- Perform shift work as required upon demand.
- Use of small hand tools.
- Use of power tools.
- Climbing of stairs, ladders, and/or scaffolds.
- Carrying of loads up & down stairs.
- Exposure to noisy or dusty conditions; chemicals & solvents; mechanical, electrical, and/or other hazards.
- Must be able to work in the United States.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information.
How To Apply: