AFL provides industry-leading fiber optic products and services across the globe. Our company was founded in 1984 with a single fiber optic cable and now we manufacture over two thousand products, employ over 5,000 associates and consistently generate annual sales in excess of a billion-dollars in revenue. With our commitment to professional growth and employee development, let AFL Connect you to your next career opportunity!
The Account Manager III is responsible for managing quote log entries, material costs and processing data entry in quote formats, managing and reporting quality, delivery, and other performance metrics for customer scorecard. The incumbent will have direct contact with customers - supervised by another FAA Sales team member. Assignments may include quoting and strategic management of customer harness programs.
- Responsibilities associated with Account Manager III position:
- Familiarity with the FAA quoting model
- Maintenance of the FAA quote log
- Input and assignment of Quote Log numbers with the receipt of new RFQs
- Input of Engineering change summaries into the quote log
- Input of Purchase Order data into the quote log
- Compile and analyze data, including engineering change quotations, commodity price adjustments, and calculation of impact analysis for review by Senior Sales Team members
- Review engineering and manufacturing data with Manufacturing and Engineering Team members occasionally at the FAA Manufacturing site
- Periodic (monthly) review of the Customer quality performance scorecard, or teleconference review of customer perceived performance (in lieu of customer scorecard availability) under the supervision of the Sales Manager
- Generally facilitate the quotation process by coordinating between the Engineering, Purchasing, and Manufacturing groups. Output is given to FAA management for review and then submitted to the customer.
- Coordinating and scheduling of VA activities, transmitting customer LTA requirements to the respective internal FAA management structure and managing/recording performance compared to established targets throughout the year
- Provide an access point for first line communication with the customer for commercial concerns
- Resolve financial issues with an impact of $30,000 or less
- Minimize open financial issues for assigned programs
- Schedule Program Management reviews for assigned programs
- Financial management of assigned programs including pricing, Cost reduction and VA/VE activities with approval of the Sales Manager or VP of Sales
- Other duties, as assigned, to comprise approximately 20% of the work schedule
Additional responsibility for profitability levels of assigned programs, to be added to the annual review as measurable for job performance.
- Interpersonal skills
- Analytical ability
- 10+ years of Account Management or Engineering Experience preferred
- Price development, program management, commercial negotiation, open issues, design and development experience preferred but not required
- Automotive products program management and launch management is preferred but not required.
- Previous strong experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Mathematical capability
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience required. Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Business Management Degree preferred.
- Normal office environment, limited travel required
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information.
How To Apply: