AFL provides industry-leading fiber optic products and services across the globe. Our company was founded in 1984 with a single fiber optic cable and now we manufacture over two thousand products, employ over 5,000 associates and consistently generate annual sales in excess of a billion-dollars in revenue. With our commitment to professional growth and employee development, let AFL Connect you to your next career opportunity!
This Technician will responsible for service calls and new build activity. The Technician is responsible for all aspects of equipment repair at our clients locations. Technical elements of the job include troubleshooting basic connectivity and mechanical issues. The position requires traveling to client sites and ensuring top-notch customer service. Previous knowledge of Telecommunications and Data/IT maintenance and repair is required. Technician will need to have all hand tools needed; AFL will provide specialty tools and tested equipment that is required. Additionally the Technician will install cable pathway systems, firestop systems, various electronic components, various cable that includes but is not limited to: twisted pair cable, coax, power limited tray cable, stranded cable, solid conductor low voltage cable, single mode fiber optical cable & multi mode fiber optical cable. Cable installation includes: placement, termination, testing, labeling & documentation. Will possess leadership skills and will be responsible for ensuring continuity on projects, overseeing all documentation and customer interface activity, while enforcing all company policies and safety requirements.
Only local candidates will be considered.
- Traveling to client sites to troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve Telecommunications and Data/IT equipment issues as well as equipment maintenance within a designated territory.
- Install and service: key & pbx systems; security & cctv systems; wireless devices; cable pathway systems
- Install, terminate, test, label & document horizontal, backbone & other cables.
- Dress & route cable into telecoms closets, modular furniture & other work area outlets.
- Build out telecom & equipment rooms.
- Firestop various types of cable penetrations.
- Test, troubleshoot, & document test results for cabling.
- Possess working knowledge of ANSI/TIA/EIA cabling standards & the National Electric Code.
- Understands, adheres to, & promotes the Environmental, Health & Safety policies of AFL Telecoms.
- Conduct job site surveys.
- Possess working knowledge of Telecom Systems, TCP/IP Networks, CCTV Security, Access Control & Wireless solutions.
- Interface with customer contacts on projects & work orders.
- Interface with the end user & coordinate with other vendors for each project when required by customer.
- Provide technical support for customer contacts & Technicians on request.
- Attend project planning & progress meetings with or without the customer contacts assigned.
- Report any project scope changes, issues, or concerns to the assigned contacts
- Provide project budgets through the bid & quote process.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization`s policies & applicable laws.
- Train employees, plan, assign & direct their work, appraising performance, address complaints, & resolve problems.
- Perform/prepare timely field reporting of asset usage as required.
- Analytical Thinking Exceptional ability to analyze data and utilize it to make sound decision
- Conflict Management and Resolution Skills - Build consensus, anticipate and solve problems
- Results focused Ability to organize and manage multiple, and at time competing priorities
- Communication Skills Demonstrate communication skills necessary to interpret policies in situations requiring persuasion and prepare and present presentations,
- Relationship building skills ability to work within a dynamic team setting and provide role model leadership to AFL workforce
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the installation of cabling associated with: Telecom Systems, TCP/IP Networks, CCTV Security, Access control & Wireless Solutions.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the installation, maintenance & programming of the electronics associated with: Telecom Systems, TCP/IP Networks, CCTV Security, Access control & Wireless Solutions.
- Must have the ability to install, terminate & test low voltage cables & fiber optical cables.Strong understanding of low voltage infrastructure and related services
- Valid Drivers License
- Finger & wrist dexterity & hand/eye coordination.
- Ability to work from heights such as man lifts, scissor lifts & roof tops utilizing proper fall protection.
- Proficient in MS Office, specifically Excel, Word, Visio, and Power Point
- Comprehensive understanding of contract scope and requirements for pro-active management of projects and integration into processes
- Use of small hand tools.
- Use of power tools.
- Climbing of stairs, ladders, and/or scaffolds.
- Carrying of loads up & down stairs.
- Exposure to noisy or dusty conditions; chemicals & solvents; mechanical, electrical, and/or other hazards.
- General hours of Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm. But ability to provide support during and outside regular business hours is required.
- Regional travel required.
- Must be able to work in the United States.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information.
How To Apply: