AFL provides industry-leading fiber optic products and services across the globe. Our company was founded in 1984 with a single fiber optic cable and now we manufacture over two thousand products, employ over 5,000 associates and consistently generate annual sales in excess of a billion-dollars in revenue. With our commitment to professional growth and employee development, let AFL Connect you to your next career opportunity!
AFL is seeking an Internal Auditor at our corporate office in the Greenville/Spartanburg, SC area.
Working collaboratively and strategically, the Internal Auditor will assist the Internal Audit Manager in all areas of the departments responsibilities and execution of the IA Plan. The individual will plan and perform audit procedures responsive to the unique risks of the project and report the results of the audit. He/she may coordinate the effort of other External Audit staff and other AFL teams in the performance of these IA projects.
- Rapidly obtain an understanding of the business structure and business processes.
- Establish relationships with key process owners and deliver high quality work products.
- Execute procedures to create, maintain, and / or revise business and / or systems process documentation.
- Perform detailed analysis to identify applicable risks and assess internal controls.
- Develop and execute internal control test plans for JSOX compliance and internal audits.
- Reach conclusions based on findings and clearly document results.
- Assist management in development of or recommend action plans for control deficiencies identified.
- Monitor action plan progress and remediation, as needed.
- Communicate test results and process improvements clearly and effectively to the management team. This includes an explanation of risks, control gaps, control deficiencies, and recommendations for mitigation and / or remediation plans.
- Perform risk assessment procedures.
- Execute financial, operational, and / or compliance audits of AFLs global locations.
- Write reports to summarize and formalize audit procedures and findings.
- Make recommendations to gain process efficiencies where applicable.
- Review and oversee third party resources engaged to assist with internal audit projects, where applicable.
- Assist the external auditor in completion of their quarterly reviews, control environment assessment, and / or financial statement audit.
- Perform testing over User Control Considerations identified in service organization SSAE 16 reports, where applicable
- Bachelors degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration required
- Three five years of experience in an auditing or risk advisory role, manufacturing and/or services environments. Big Four public accounting experience is preferred.
- CPA , CIA, CFE, CCSA, CRMA or CMA Preferred
- Relevant technical knowledge in financial statement audits, internal or operational audits, SSAE 16 engagements, and / or ERP security and control reviews.
- JSOX (or US SOX) and internal control assessment process, control testing, external audit processes, and general manufacturing or services control environment knowledge.
- Strong analytical skills, strong desktop skills including Excel, Visio, Word, and Access, proven desire to focus on process improvements, ability to think and function both tactically and strategically
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information.
How To Apply: