AFL provides industry-leading fiber optic products and services across the globe. Our company was founded in 1984 with a single fiber optic cable and now we manufacture over two thousand products, employ over 5,000 associates and consistently generate annual sales in excess of a billion-dollars in revenue. With our commitment to professional growth and employee development, let AFL Connect you to your next career opportunity!
The Sales Trainee / Inside Sales Representative job marks the beginning of a career with AFL that is intended to lead to a Territory Sales Management position at AFL. A Sales Trainee / Inside Sales Representative will begin a career by spending approximately 24 months learning the Customer Service processes of AFL, transitioning into a Customer Service Representative role and ultimately owning and Inside Sales territory. Upon successful completion of each of these roles, the Sales Trainee / Inside Sales Representative will be matched with an opportunity to relocate and transition into a Territory Sales Management role. A Sales Trainee / Inside Sales Representative will be measured most heavily on how they perform within the sales budget of their inside sales territory, how they manage and grow a funnel of opportunities and leads, and how successful they are at converting opportunities to orders.
- Develop sales opportunities by researching and identifying potential accounts; soliciting new accounts; building rapport; providing technical information and explanations; preparing quotations
- Develops accounts by checking customer`s buying history; suggesting related and new items; explaining technical features.
- Develop and execute a sales plan for key accounts that meets or exceeds sales and margin targets
- Work directly with Regional Sales Managers and Territory Sales Managers in a team environment to actively drive all parties to their sales goals.
- Respond to RFQ and market leads. Includes qualification of market leads, review of RFQ, product identification, review of existing agreements, and obtaining pricing and lead-time. Analyze quotes to identify additional sales where applicable. Solicit and record quote feedback.
- Process customer purchase order/change orders. Includes reviewing purchase order against quote, contract or standard terms and conditions, resolving any discrepancies, creating sales order, support the resolution of credit holds, review sales order for accuracy and send acknowledgement to customer.
- Managing all phases of customers open orders. Includes processing customer purchase orders/change, expedites, periodic review of open order to identify and address issues, and communicate status/ issues to customer. Liaising with manufacturing and commercial departments to gather information and resolve any issues.
- Manage customer quality issues, including Return Material Authorization (RMA) request and customer complaints.
- Understand, Adhere to and promote the environmental, health & safety policies and comply with business Policies and Procedures.
- Perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
- Self-starter with integrity and confidence who strives to achieve even in the most challenging environments with limited supervision.
- Multi-Task orientation with the ability to execute a given set of projects from start to finish in an efficient and timely manner.
- Team player who is comfortable in a cross-functional, multi-cultural environment. Well-developed interpersonal skills enabling interaction within an existing team as well as interaction with the various business units within the company.
- Driven to grow their career at AFL.
- Bachelors degree required. Emphasis in Business preferred.
- Strong communication and writing skills with the ability to clearly explain issues.
- Good time management skills.
- Strong attention to detail
- Good organization and analytical skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Results oriented
- Willingness to relocate anywhere in the U.S. (48 states) upon completion of training (+/- 2 years).
- Normal office environment
- General hours of Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm. Occasional weekend or longer hours during busy time.
- Some minimal travel may be required
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information.
How To Apply: