AFL provides industry-leading fiber optic products and services across the globe. Our company was founded in 1984 with a single fiber optic cable and now we manufacture over two thousand products, employ over 5,000 associates and consistently generate annual sales in excess of a billion-dollars in revenue. With our commitment to professional growth and employee development, let AFL Connect you to your next career opportunity!
International Trade Internship
The International Trade Intern is responsible for assisting with a wide variety of projects for our various lines of business. The individual will be responsible for providing assistance to the International trade department with various tasks and projects related to import/export and US trade compliance.
Responsibilities might include:
- Audit transactions related to import/export and NAFTA
- Assist with NAFTA solicitation, qualification, certification, and record keeping
- Record Retention (NAFTA, Certificates of Origin, Customs entries, export checks)
- Utilize various software components to analyze import/export data
- Screening for export compliance
- License analysis
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be a current student at a 4 year accredited college or university, or received a Bachelors degree within the last year
- Prefer majors in International Business/Trade or Business Administration
- Minimum GPA of 2.75
- Detail oriented
- Proficient in MS Office
- Available terms- Summer 18
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information.
How To Apply: