AFL provides industry-leading fiber optic products and services across the globe. Our company was founded in 1984 with a single fiber optic cable and now we manufacture over two thousand products, employ over 5,000 associates and consistently generate annual sales in excess of a billion-dollars in revenue. With our commitment to professional growth and employee development, let AFL Connect you to your next career opportunity!
The Operations Coordinator is responsible for the safe, efficient, and effective execution of engineering specifications, ensuring installation is performed within the budget of the project, within the time frame set by the customer, and in accordance with customer methods, procedures, and standards. In many cases the Ops Coordinator is the company`s direct representative to the customer... balancing resources with customer expectations and requirements. The Operations Coordinator has full financial and resource allocation responsibility and accountability for each project assigned to the associated area of responsibility or turf.
Only local candidates will be considered.
- Ensure activities comply with all appropriate OSHA regulations, and to perform operational risk assessments to ensure that risks are mitigated in activities of Operations personnel.
- Interact with customer managers (both financial and operational) ensuring that the installation product meets customer expectations and set standards, and AFL is compensated for agree services.
- Schedule and monitor installation manpower to ensure that hours used are at or below budgeted installation hours.
- Coordinate the efforts of subordinates to ensure project efficiencies, and to review and approve subordinate`s timesheets.
- Determine appropriateness of additional compensation requests (change orders) from customers when the scope of installation changes or other factors when AFL should be additionally compensated.
- Ensure subordinates and installers are adequately trained to perform activities to AFL and local standards.
- To effectively communicate to subordinates, peers, and higher management all pertinent issues.
- Perform human resource functions as AFL`s representative including evaluate performance of subordinates, recommend retention, recommend advancement, recommend pay changes.
- To act in the capacity of AFL`s leader in the assigned area of responsibility.
- To ensure AFL project tracking programs and other required computer based programs are updated.
- Leadership Proven success in leading high performance teams, achieving results through others, and being a strong team player
- Analytical Thinking Exceptional ability to analyze data and utilize it to make sound decision
- Conflict Management and Resolution Skills - Build consensus, anticipate and solve problems
- Results focused Ability to organize and manage multiple, and at time competing priorities
- Communication Skills Demonstrate communication skills necessary to interpret policies in situations requiring persuasion and prepare and present presentations,
- Relationship building skills ability to work within a dynamic team setting and provide role model leadership to AFL workforce
- Must have 3 to 5 years of experience managing the installation of cabling associated with: Telecom Systems, TCP/IP Networks, CCTV Security, Access control & Wireless Solutions.
- Must have 3 to 5 years of experience in the installation of cabling associated with: Telecom Systems, TCP/IP Networks, CCTV Security, Access control & Wireless Solutions
- A distinguished record of solid safety performance
- Valid Drivers License
- Finger & wrist dexterity & hand/eye coordination.
- Ability to work from heights such as man lifts, scissor lifts & roof tops utilizing proper fall protection.
- Proficient in MS Office, specifically Excel, Word, Visio, and Power Point
- Excellent Customer Service skills.
- Use of small hand tools.
- Use of power tools.
- Climbing of stairs, ladders, and/or scaffolds.
- Carrying of loads up & down stairs.
- Exposure to noisy or dusty conditions; chemicals & solvents; mechanical, electrical, and/or other hazards.
- General hours of Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm. But ability to provide support during and outside regular business hours is required.
- Regional travel required.
Must be able to work in the United States.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information.
How To Apply: