AFL provides industry-leading fiber optic products and services across the globe. Our company was founded in 1984 with a single fiber optic cable and now we manufacture over two thousand products, employ over 5,000 associates and consistently generate annual sales in excess of a billion-dollars in revenue. With our commitment to professional growth and employee development, let AFL Connect you to your next career opportunity!
The Construction Quality Inspector contributes to the success of the Emerging Business organization through Quality Inspections at the project level for the FTTX-US program. The incumbent must perform field inspections of cable/fiber placement and/or cable/fiber splicing and/or construction work and may pre-survey construction packages when requested. They may also assist with data preparation, documentation in reporting field results which may include field meetings with AFL and Client field personnel as well as government agencies, construction contractors.
Only local candidates will be considered.
- Provide Safety, Quality Field Inspections and Auditing
- Ensure construction phase is conditioned for success through all phases
- Ensure all projects are well executed in accordance with corporate goals and contractual requirements
- Maintains strong relationships with project team members, subcontractors, suppliers and clients to ensure client needs are met and ensure future business opportunities
- Perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned
- Enhancing Organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishment
- Adhere to and promote the environmental, health & safety policies of AFL
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- 3+ years of field inspections of cable/fiber placement and/or cable/fiber splicing and/or construction work
- Familiarity with local, state, and federal rules and regulations and OSHA requirements
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation(s)
- A distinguished record of solid safety performance
- Knowledge and experience in new construction in a Safety Management role
- Strong understanding of fiber optic telecommunications infrastructure and related services
- Proficient in MS Office, specifically Excel, Word, Visio, and Power Point
- Travel to various project locations within North America
- Works around high voltage, or energized lines
- General hours of Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm, however the ability to provide support during and outside regular business hours is required on occasion.
Must be able to work in the United States of America
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information.
How To Apply: