AFL provides industry-leading fiber optic products and services across the globe. Our company was founded in 1984 with a single fiber optic cable and now we manufacture over two thousand products, employ over 5,000 associates and consistently generate annual sales in excess of a billion-dollars in revenue. With our commitment to professional growth and employee development, let AFL Connect you to your next career opportunity!
We are seeking a strong and energetic Regional Sales Manager in the Houston, TX area who wants to grow with a dynamic organization.
The purpose of the Regional Sales Manager position is to drive sales, insure customer satisfaction, and report to the organization customer needs. The RSM is responsible for maximizing sales of targeted products and services at a given account or accounts. The primary market and customer focus for this position is the oil and gas market. The RSM is responsible for customers in the greater Houston, Texas geography as well as customers in this market segment throughout North America.
The RSM will be responsible to work with his / her NSM to prioritize activities by customer potential, short term and long term, and to determine the best route to market strategies for each applicable sales opportunity. Regional Sales Managers will be responsible for developing and maintaining relationships at key accounts providing direct sales and implementation support for AFLs products.
- Work with AFLs internal BUs (Business Units) to set, and attain, goals for each specific area; targeted accounts, product needs, etc. Significant collaboration will be with Specialty cable business unit.
- Possess strong knowledge of the oil and gas industry, optical sensing, and fiber optic cables.
- Develop and manage AFLs specialty cable and harsh environment cable opportunities with service companies, umbilical cable manufacturers, sensing and pipeline companies
- Promote and support AFLs specialty cable and harsh environment products to the defined customer segment as well as the entire AFL product portfolio including splicing equipment and optical test equipment
- Maintain a high level of knowledge regarding AFLs products and services and their applications to the potential customers. Act in a consultative role to the customer to insure that they can easily order, install, and add value to their internal programs with AFLs products and services.
- Maintain sufficient knowledge of customers business to recognize opportunities and be perceived by the customer as a problem solver and cost displacement specialist. New opportunities as well as their business potential should be communicated to the National Sales Manager on a timely basis.
- Establish sources to provide information or competitive pricing, market activities, transaction usage and other information about the assigned account(s) or target markets.
- Provide direction to the customer service representatives in support of customer needs.
- Assist in training and orientation of new customer sales organizations as required.
- Develop sales plans for the overall market and strategic account plans for the respective targeted accounts.
- Conduct sales calls to implement account and/or target market strategies as developed in conjunction with the marketing manager in support of AFLs business objectives.
- Utilize salesforce.com as the key communication reporting mechanism.
- Participate in national and regional trade shows and/or conferences such as OTC, SEAFOM, DFOS, Subsea Tieback, in coordination with the NSM and market manager, with the objective of maintaining or improving customer relationships and prospecting for new business.
- Bachelors degree is required. Strong preference is given to individuals with technical degrees. MBA, or other masters degree is a strong plus.
- Minimum of 5 years selling experience including a targeted background in the Oil & Gas industry, fiber optics, and/or technical sales to OEM customers.
- Experience with cabling for DTS and DAS systems a strong plus.
- Knowledge of the customers and distribution channels that serve the customer base.
- Strong computer skills. Basic requirements are Microsoft office suite of products. Experience with Salesforce or other CRM system would be a plus.
- Strong communication skills. Must be able to clearly articulate thoughts, strategies, and develop logical action plans.
- Majority of customers located in Houston area, however there will be travel required to Alberta, Canada and the east coast, at least 25% of the time.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information.
How To Apply: