AFL provides industry-leading fiber optic products and services across the globe. Our company was founded in 1984 with a single fiber optic cable and now we manufacture over two thousand products, employ over 5,000 associates and consistently generate annual sales in excess of a billion-dollars in revenue. With our commitment to professional growth and employee development, let AFL Connect you to your next career opportunity!
The VP is required to implement the new AFL Network Services Strategic Plan and scale the current operating model in the US. Through collaborative engagement across the entire AFL Value Chain the VP will ensure the successful end-to-end delivery of current in flight projects and programs for AFL and our clients, while creating and driving alignment across the entirety of AFLs organizational capabilities in support of positioning AFL as the market leader in the rural broadband marketplace. Key deliverables for this role are:
- Go to market as one AFL team;
- Develop and enhance relationships with AFL clients;
- Maximize client satisfaction (trust, accountability, reliability);
- Improve business efficiency and margin enhancement;
- Enable AFL Network Services business growth and scalability;
- Develop and lead US based AFL Network Services expertise and resources.
The VP Leader will report to the President Network Services and will be accountable for aligning the people, process and efforts across the AFL client service delivery chain for AFLs new operating entity, FTTX-US, including: Outside Plant Engineering, Outside Plant Construction, and Connections (drop enablement) (the Delivery Teams).
This role is the profit and loss owner for AFL Network Services US and is empowered to collaboratively create and implement synergies between AFL Network Services and the other AFL business units (manufacturing, shared services, etc.) in support of strengthening AFLs hold on the rural broadband market.
The Network Services US team will be comprised of existing US based Operations, Project Management, Supply/Demand forecasting and project reporting functions from within the Delivery Teams.
The VP US will have direct accountability for FTTX-US which includes Outside Plant Engineering, Outside Plant Construction, Connections, and associated corporate functions;
- Responsible for client relationship management for multiple major fibre construction programs throughout the US;
- Raise the overall performance of AFL FTTx-US;
- Effective alignment of operational teams, manufacturing teams, shared services teams and executive leadership;
- Ensure client and internal feedback is solicited, researched, prioritized and actioned with clear and transparent communications;
- Maintain effective escalation management processes;
- Maintain processes to monitor and track overall project performance;
- Develop executive and client reporting, ensuring progress and performance is consistent with Client requirements and representative of AFL achievements;
- Develop effective resource capacity and utilization reporting;
- Identify and present specific solutions to current project delivery challenges and the implementation plan to remedy existing challenges with detailed expected outcomes;
- Synchronize supply/demand forecasting business unit across the AFL organization;
- Improve near-term and long-term forecasting accuracy business unit;
- Develop transparent and collaborative processes to produce project schedules and optimization efforts;
- Leadership and development of US based resources;
- Chair (or co-chair along with AFL President) Client Executive Steering Committee
- Adhere to and promote the environmental, health & safety policies of AFL;
- Perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned;
- Strive to enhance the organizations brand reputation.
- Flexibleopen to change and can rapidly adapt to new information, changing situations and unexpected obstacles;
- Adaptableable to collaborate with others in a dynamic team environment, and to stay focused and on task when working independently under limited supervision to complete work in a timely manner;
- OrganizedAble to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritize multiple simultaneous work assignments;
- Detail orientedexhibits excellent attention to detail, quality and information integrity;
- Confidentable to contribute expertise and advice as needed, able to follow leadership directives;
- Leading the self demonstrating a commitment to ethics, integrity and displaying adaptability, drive and purpose;
- Leading Others Through effective, open and transparent communications; ability to develop others and value diversity and difference, working towards building and maintaining relationships, effective teams and work groups.
- Innovative thinking Ability to lead innovative and/or transformative projects and strives for continuous improvements;
- Analytical thinking Exceptional ability to analyze data and utilize it to make sound business decision - capable of complex analytical thinking and logical problem-solving;
- Customer oriented Demonstrate strong focus on customer service and client satisfaction while maintaining high ethics and professional integrity in all interactions;
- Conflict management and resolution skills - Build consensus, anticipate and solve problems;
- Results focused Ability to organize and manage multiple, and at times competing priorities. Driven to identify and provide effective solutions as needed, and able to follow through on assigned tasks;
- Commitment - to environmental health and safety, high performance, commitment based accountability and continuous improvement;
- Communication skills A highly competent communicator with strong interpersonal skillsable to write in Plain English. Able to present work and discuss ideas orally in a clear manner. Possesses and employs active listening skills. Can collaborate on projects, maintain effective relationships, and communicate clearly at all levels of the business. Strong public presentation skills including use of technology to deliver succinct and effective delivery of information.
- 10 years+ experience in telecommunications industry;
- Experience with strategic budgets and planning as well as overseen Profit & Loss management;
- Relevant post-secondary education in telecommunications network design and engineering or related education and experience;
- Strong business and client leadership abilities; ability to innovate and engage stakeholders;
- Strong understanding of Electrical Cooperative model and experience providing service to that marketplace;
- Demonstrated evidence of leading innovative and/or transformative projects;
- Experience in both high-growth and corporate environments; Evidence and successes in leading large construction and/or service related projects.
- Experience with over-builder model of FTTx;
- Experience with assisting clients with FTTx feasibility planning and business modelling;
- Experience with power space deployments of FTTx;
- Existing relationships with FTTx active equipment (GPON, etc.) suppliers;
- Existing relationships within Co-Op and Municipal power marketplace.
Working Location and Conditions
- Based in South Carolina or suitable Eastern time-zone location
- Normal office environment with occasional field visits
- General hours of Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm. But ability to provide support during and outside regular business hours is required.
- Travel will be required.
- Must be eligible to work in the US
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information.
How To Apply: