AFL provides industry-leading fiber optic products and services across the globe. Our company was founded in 1984 with a single fiber optic cable and now we manufacture over two thousand products, employ over 5,000 associates and consistently generate annual sales in excess of a billion-dollars in revenue. With our commitment to professional growth and employee development, let AFL Connect you to your next career opportunity!
We are seeking a full time Assembler in our production facility in Belmont, NH. The Assembler will be responsible for the accurate assembly of electronic test equipment for fiber optics. Working closely with Materials and Engineering, among others, this position studies instructions and asks questions to ensure accuracy in work performance.
- Work from written instructions that provide detailed methods and sequence of assembly operations using a bill-of-materials, wiring diagrams and assembly instructions.
- Ensures accurate assembly of equipment by paying close attention to detail and following instructions.
- Verifies specifications by following appropriate test procedures to ensure device accuracy and that it meets specifications.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- May, at times, be responsible for gathering parts, subassemblies, tools, and materials.
- Track record of accuracy in work product with minimal mistakes.
- Adheres to and promotes the environmental, health & safety policies of AFL.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 1-3 years electro-mechanical assembly experience or similar
- Experience with Microsoft Office Word and Excel
- Proven ability to follow directions
- Ability to read, interpret and make sense of instructions, schematics, blue prints and drawings
- Exposure to Oracle or similar system preferred
- Ability to work overtime when needed
- Soldering and splicing experience
- Experience with hand tools, i.e. screw drivers, pliers, wire cutters, etc.
- Strong hand-eye coordination and finger dexterity
- Detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task and work efficiently
- Ability to prioritize yet be flexible when demands arise
- A collaborative team player with solid communication skills
- Desire to assist others in a professional and patient manner
- Self-starter with good time management skills
- Solid judgment proactively ask questions when something does not appear correct
- Ability to follow instructions and pay strict attention to detail
- The drive to constantly learn and adapt to changing needs and requests
- Production manufacturing environment with, at times, repetitive motion. Overtime is required from time to time.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information.
How To Apply: