AFL provides industry-leading fiber optic products and services across the globe. Our company was founded in 1984 with a single fiber optic cable and now we manufacture over two thousand products, employ over 5,000 associates and consistently generate annual sales in excess of a billion-dollars in revenue. With our commitment to professional growth and employee development, let AFL Connect you to your next career opportunity!
The IT Business Analyst is responsible for partnering with various departments across the different business units and the IT development team to identify technology needs and provide optimal business solutions for business systems that range from small to large in size and scope. The IT Business Analyst will lead cross-functional process improvement teams to analyze and assess core business processes or procedures utilizing best business practices and current analysis techniques and methodologies.
- Act as a liaison between Great Plains (GP) users and development teams evaluating user needs and system capabilities with a focus on improving existing processes specific to the GP application. This requires capturing user input related to process or system improvement needs to evaluate for improvement opportunities.
- Supporting the daily needs of users on the GP application to include application specific questions, details on application functionality, security/user profiles and problem/issue resolution.
- Lead cross-functional teams in the implementation of moderate to large scale business system enhancements coordinating evaluation testing and change management processes end-to-end while using solid project management skills documenting requirements, establishing scope and objectives and determining strategy for implementing systems that achieve business goals.
- Work with development team to write functional specifications that may cover multiple systems along with moderate to advanced database queries to work through the development process testing system enhancements and maintaining all documentation for assigned business systems and recommend improvements to processes and procedures.
- Present detailed process and system changes to IT management.
- Develop metrics and document basic report requirements as identified by the business to ensure business systems are standardized and continue to work properly.
- Bachelor`s Degree in related field (Business Administration or Information Technology) or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
- Strong experience with Great Plains ERP system with focuses on Accounting and Finance functions
- 2+ years` business analyst experience
- Experience with project management tools (Microsoft Project)
- Strong SQL/DB management skills is a plus.
- Strong report design/writing experience to include script and data collection logic
- Strong sense of teamwork -- ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Ability to build and maintain working relationships as well as develop rapport/credibility with diverse groups that include team members, vendors and other departments involved in projects
- Ability to influence and drive for consensus
- Broad understanding of business processes
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting and decision making skills
- Strong organizational skills; ability to prioritize, maintain attention to detail and recognize time constraints
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information.
How To Apply: