AFL provides industry-leading fiber optic products and services across the globe. Our company was founded in 1984 with a single fiber optic cable and now we manufacture over two thousand products, employ over 5,000 associates and consistently generate annual sales in excess of a billion-dollars in revenue. With our commitment to professional growth and employee development, let AFL Connect you to your next career opportunity!
The Technician is a hands-on role that will work closely with the Project Manager and Installation Technicians. The duties will include, but not limited to:
Installing DAS wireless equipment. To include but not limited to the installation of Outdoor and Indoor antennas, coaxial cable, CATV cable, fiber optic cable, CAT 5 cable, DC Power Cable and other appropriate components to NEC standards.
Only local candidates will be considered.
- Installing DAS wireless equipment using any combination of external and internal antennas, coaxial cable, CATV cable, fiber optic cable, CAT 5 cable and other appropriate components to NEC standard at customer job sites.
- Mounting rack, wall and ceiling electronic DAS components.
- Fusion splice fiber and test.
- Connectorize 50 ohm RF cable and test.
- Troubleshoot new and existing DAS systems.
- RF Coverage testing and optimization, pre and post construction.
- RF and Cabling Site surveys.
- Competence in Computer skills such as IP interfaces to GUI programmable systems.
- Background and skillset for wiring DC power plants and low voltage circuits.
- RF cable Sweep, PIM and Fiber testing.
- Complete job related documentation and record keeping.
- Keep the customer and company informed of progress of installation.
- Analytical Thinking Exceptional ability to analyze data and utilize it to make sound decision
- Conflict Management and Resolution Skills - Build consensus, anticipate and solve problems
- Results focused Ability to organize and manage multiple, and at time competing priorities
- Communication Skills Demonstrate communication skills necessary to interpret policies in situations requiring persuasion and prepare and present presentations,
- Relationship building skills ability to work within a dynamic team setting and provide role model leadership to AFL workforce
- 3+ years of strongly related experience with DAS installations.
- Knowledge of the terminology used in the in-building Distributed Antennae System (DAS) Industry
- Must have the ability to install, terminate & splice fiber optical cables. Strong understanding of DAS infrastructure and related services
- Valid Drivers License
- Finger & wrist dexterity & hand/eye coordination.
- Ability to work from heights such as man lifts, scissor lifts & roof tops utilizing proper fall protection.
- Proficient in MS Office, specifically Excel, Word, Visio, and Power Point
- Comprehensive understanding of contract scope and requirements for pro-active management of projects and integration into processes
- Use of small hand tools.
- Use of power tools.
- Climbing of stairs, ladders, and/or scaffolds.
- Carrying of loads up & down stairs.
- Exposure to noisy or dusty conditions; chemicals & solvents; mechanical, electrical, and/or other hazards.
- General hours of Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm. But ability to provide support during and outside regular business hours is required.
- Work indoor/outdoor with variable conditions
- Regional travel required.
- Must be able to work in the United States.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information.
How To Apply: