AFL provides industry-leading fiber optic products and services across the globe. Our company was founded in 1984 with a single fiber optic cable and now we manufacture over two thousand products, employ over 5,000 associates and consistently generate annual sales in excess of a billion-dollars in revenue. With our commitment to professional growth and employee development, let AFL Connect you to your next career opportunity!
The OSP Field Engineer is responsible for collecting and verifying field data required to facilitate OSP designs.
- Co-ordinates field and site visits to collect relevant project information, including exact measurements of existing equipment, site details, digital images, staking, etc. which will then be coordinated with the Outside Plant Engineer for further design.
- Must have an understanding and working knowledge of GO 95 and GO 128 standards.
- Experienced in Pole Loading and Wind Loading of Utility Poles.
- Capable of reading power maps.
- Capable of reading OSP designs, maps and SOWs.
- Proficient in O-CALC software.
- Must have an understanding and working knowledge of OSP Construction and Design.
- Collect pertinent information to apply for permits and easements
- Submit an organized job package for each project that could include maps, field notes, drawings, and digital images
- Flexible open to change and new information and rapidly adapts to changing conditions or unexpected obstacles
- Detail oriented excellent attention to detail with the ability to follow through on assigned tasks
- Independent - ability to work well under limited supervision
- Analytical Thinking/Problem Solving - capable of complex reasoning analysis
- Results focused driven to achieve
- Interpersonal skills able to collaborate on projects, maintain effective relationships, and communicate clearly at all levels of the business
- Adaptability - capable of working in a fast-paced environment, adapt to various situations, and prioritize multiple work assignments simultaneously
- Team Player skills - Possess strong commitment to team environment dynamics with the ability to contribute expertise and follow leadership directives at appropriate times
- Minimum of two (2) years OSP field engineering experience.
- Strong understanding of fiber optic telecommunications infrastructure and related services
- Experience with all methods of telecommunications placement underground and aerial.
- Experience with National Electric Code (NESC)
- Project related work hours and rotation to be determined based on project needs and requirements
- Work and project travel is required
- Outdoor work and exposed to a variety of weather conditions
- Must be able to work in the United States of America
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information.
How To Apply: