AFL provides industry-leading fiber optic products and services across the globe. Our company was founded in 1984 with a single fiber optic cable and now we manufacture over two thousand products, employ over 5,000 associates and consistently generate annual sales in excess of a billion-dollars in revenue. With our commitment to professional growth and employee development, let AFL Connect you to your next career opportunity!
AFL is seeking a Customer Service Representative for a full time position at our corporate office in Duncan, SC. The CSR is a member of the Customer Service team and is responsible for assisting customers and agents with all aspects of the sales process for products supplied by AFL Telecommunication into various markets. He /she will be involved in all phases of the sales process from quotes, orders, shipments, complaints, and payment issues.
- Responding to request for quote or market leads
- Processing customer purchase orders
- Managing customers open orders
- Maintaining files for quotations, purchase orders, and sales order acknowledgements
- Submitting customer complaints and assisting in solving problems
- Processing return material requests
- Monitoring customer activity and help ensure overall health of account
- Supporting and backing up others in the customer service team
- Liaising with manufacturing and commercial departments
The successful candidate must be diligent in adhering to procedures, focused on producing top quality results, being highly productive and mindful of costs. This person must be comfortable working in a challenging, dynamic, fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
- Respond to RFQ and market leads. Includes qualification of market leads, review of RFQ, product identification, review of existing agreements, and obtaining pricing and lead-time.
- Analyze quotes to identify additional sales where applicable. Solicit and record quote feedback.
- Process customer purchase order/change orders. Includes reviewing purchase order against quote, contract or AFL standard terms and conditions, resolving any discrepancies, creating sales order, support the resolution of credit holds, review sales order for accuracy and send acknowledgement to customer.
- Manage customers open orders. Includes processing customer expedites, periodic review of open order to identify and address issues, and communicate status / issues to customer. Liaising with manufacturing and commercial departments to gather information and resolve any issues.
- File and maintain RFQ, quotation, customer purchase orders, and sales order acknowledgement.
- Assist customer with additional information requirement. Includes providing tracking information, proof of delivery (POD), invoices, packing slips, product literature, basic technical data, test reports, and website.
- Submit customer complaints. Includes assisting in the problem solving effort to include implementing corrective actions
- Process Return Material Authorization (RMA) request. Includes obtaining facts, obtaining decision to accept or reject request, creating/issuing RMA, monitoring RMA and all required communications involved. Enter and expedite replacement orders as required.
- Support resolution of A/R issue with customers. Includes determining why customer has deducted or not paid, assessing if there is a valid basis, and determine whether collection or credit is appropriate. Also, working with Customer Service Manager (CSM), Regional Sales Manager (RSM) and Commercial Managers as part of the escalation process to reach a resolution.
- Issue Manual Credits and Invoice. Includes determining if an adjustment is appropriate, obtaining approval, and completing transactions with documentation.
- Monitor customer / customer account. Includes understanding issues, trends and general healthiness of the customer-supplier relationship to assist the organization (sales agents, RSM, customer service and product line managers) in the service and support of our customers.
- Understand, Adhere to and promote the environmental, health & safety policies and comply with AFL business Policies and Procedures
- Perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
Requirements & Skills:
- 1-2 years customer service experience preferred, will consider qualified candidates that have demonstrated initiative and desire to grow.
- Must successfully complete pre-employment assessments, background & reference checks.
- Intermediate or higher user of MS Office required and experience with Oracle R12 preferred.
- Must have a good command of the English language, both written and spoken.
- Self-starter with integrity and confidence who strives to achieve even in the most challenging environments with limited supervision.
- Multi-Task orientation with the ability to execute a given set of projects from start to finish in an efficient and timely manner.
- Team player who is comfortable in a cross-functional, multi-cultural environment. Well-developed interpersonal skills enabling interaction within an existing team as well as interaction with the various business units within the company.
- Strong communication and writing skills with the ability to clearly explain issues.
- Good time management skills.
- Strong attention to detail
- Good organization and analytical skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Results oriented
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information.
How To Apply: