AFL provides industry-leading fiber optic products and services across the globe. Our company was founded in 1984 with a single fiber optic cable and now we manufacture over two thousand products, employ over 5,000 associates and consistently generate annual sales in excess of a billion-dollars in revenue. With our commitment to professional growth and employee development, let AFL Connect you to your next career opportunity!
We have a full time opportunity with our Engineered Products Group at our Hillside location in Duncan, SC for an Operations Supervisor. The Operations Supervisor will lead and oversee EPG (Engineering Products Group) production activities and will be responsible for the proper maintenance and operation of EPG equipment and spaces. Group activities include fiber optic and subsea product research & development, engineering supported custom assembly work, and low volume production activities. The Operations Supervisor will be expected to become knowledgeable on the use of all production and support equipment.
The Engineered Products Group is small and in a formative stage. The Operations Supervisor will be expected to perform a wide variety of functions in support of the groups activities, including scheduling, inventory management, requisitions, receiving, and shipping. The Operations Supervisor will work closely with the EPG Quality Coordinator and these individuals will back each other up in support of vacations and other absences. The Operations Supervisor will also interact closely with the EPG Engineering Manager to schedule manufacturing support of product development activities.
- Supervision and certification of manufacturing associates
- Management of equipment and facilities
- Primary responsibility for Environmental Health and Safety programs within EPG group.
- Inventory and consumables management
- Sales Order process flow management, including receiving, materials issuances, discrete job transactions, and shipping
- Manufacturing support of product development activities and custom assembly activities.
- Bachelors degree ( business administration, management, logistics, engineering, or related science fields preferred)
- Previous laboratory or production supervision experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of OSHA requirements.
- Experience in processing optical fibers including knowledge of connector designs, adhesives, assembly processes, fusion splicing and optical testing is desirable, but not required.
- Self-starter who can evaluate what needs to be done and prioritizes and executes accordingly, with little management oversight
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Organized, with close attention to detail.
- Periodically able to work irregular hours to support facilities maintenance or urgent production requirements.
- Proficient with Microsoft products including PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Willing to be hands-on, when required.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 quality management system is preferred
- Experience using Oracle is preferred, but not required.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information.
How To Apply: