AFL provides industry-leading fiber optic products and services across the globe. Our company was founded in 1984 with a single fiber optic cable and now we manufacture over two thousand products, employ over 5,000 associates and consistently generate annual sales in excess of a billion-dollars in revenue. With our commitment to professional growth and employee development, let AFL Connect you to your next career opportunity!
Reports to the Engineering Manager. Responsible for wireless carrier system design, testing and integration. This individual will work with Sales and Engineering Management to develop commercial and public safety designs that meet client requirements. They will also develop bill of materials, work scopes and proposals that correspond to customer requests. Assists in the cost estimation as it pertains to the engineering and related install scopes.
Attends training classes for OEM products to learn RF principles to become very knowledgeable in all current DAS/Small Cell technologies
- Design new, and upgrade existing, Small Cell and DAS networks
- Contribute to project estimates and proposals
- Provide guidance and training to the Sales and Operations teams
- Work with internal department managers as needed to meet company objectives
- Work with Deployment and Construction counterparts to hit project timelines and goals
- Assist Manager of Engineering in development of training programs
- Train Associate Engineers as needed to educate them on industry standards, applications, technologies and processes
- Perform radio engineering evaluation for system planning and site acquisition
- Create and use RF propagation and planning tools (IBWAVE is primary)
- As needed, conduct and oversee field test teams
- Evaluate coverage problems and new service area requirements for coverage cells
- Create CW test plans and model propagation in planning tools
- Create Benchmark test plans and direct field teams on collection requirements
- At times, identify causes of RF interference and troubleshooting interference problems with various customers
- Organize and conduct meetings as necessary to meet departmental objectives
- Assist in the management of inventory and resource assignments
- Weekly administrative activities such as timesheets and expense reports
- Analytical Thinking Exceptional ability to analyze data and utilize it to make sound decision
- Conflict Management and Resolution Skills - Build consensus, anticipate and solve problems
- Results focused Ability to organize and manage multiple, and at time competing priorities
- Communication Skills Demonstrate communication skills necessary to interpret policies in situations requiring persuasion and prepare and present presentations,
- Relationship building skills ability to work within a dynamic team setting and provide role model leadership to AFL workforce
- Must have 3 to 5 years of experience in the RF Design.
- Must Proficient with IBWAVE, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, and Microsoft Visio
- Must be familiar with Carrier testing and closeout package requirements
- Valid Drivers License
- Proficient in MS Office, specifically Excel, Word, Visio, and Power Point
- Excellent Customer Service skills.
- Use of standard office equipment
- Good vision and hearing
- Finger and wrist dexterity
- Light physical effort (usually lifting/moving 50 pounds)
- Walking up and down stairs
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States of America.
AFL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not deny employment, benefits, or compensation to any individual on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected status or characteristic. The same applies to hiring and employing persons with disabilities, unless a disability prevents a person from performing the essential functions of a job with or without reasonable accommodation.
AFL supports the objectives of affirmative action and a work environment without discrimination. The Company calls upon and expects every individual with the Company to accept a personal responsibility for continuing the successful policy.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information.
How To Apply: