AFL provides industry-leading fiber optic products and services across the globe. Our company was founded in 1984 with a single fiber optic cable and now we manufacture over two thousand products, employ over 5,000 associates and consistently generate annual sales in excess of a billion-dollars in revenue. With our commitment to professional growth and employee development, let AFL Connect you to your next career opportunity!
The Engineering Technician is responsible for assisting in the development and manufacture of fiber optic products and processes. He/she will also be responsible for troubleshooting and repairing of equipment breakdowns as they occur. The engineering technician will assist the Process Engineers in process troubleshooting, as well as working closely with production associates to create as Zero Defect manufacturing environment.
- Maintenance background with some electrical/electronic focus a must
- Proficiency connecting to a PLC and using ladder logic to troubleshoot issues a plus
- Self-starter who can troubleshoot and repair breakdowns as they occur
- Strong communication and writing skills with the ability to clearly explain issues
- Demonstrated success in cross-functional team based environment
- Assist Engineers with the development of new manufacturing and test methods
- Provide technical support to production associates
- Understand and comply with AFLs Quality System Policies and Procedures
- Understand and comply with AFLs Environmental, Health, and Safety Policies and Procedures
- Perform other duties as required.
- Must successfully complete pre-employment assessments, background & reference checks
- Associates degree in Engineering Technology or equivalent experience
- 2 to 4 years experience in a product manufacturing, quality assurance, process technician, or engineering technician position
- Fiber optic and/or mechanical assembly experience
- Familiarity of plastics manufacturing, injection molding or extrusion is a plus
- Continous processing or tension controls manufacturing is preferred
- Knowledge of ISO-9000 based quality systems
- Knowledge of MRP/ERP systems
- Ability to compile and analyze numerical data
- Strong attention to detail, organization, and analytical skills
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with MS Office Applications
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information.
How To Apply: