This position is responsible for leading and developing the operations of AFL Hyperscale in Kent, WA. Responsibilities include all Manufacturing, Scheduling, Warehousing, Process Engineering, Procurement, and other related duties to support the business needs. The Operations Manager will insure that theres a smooth collaboration with the other departments that interact with the said disciplines. The Operations Manager will be diligent in applying leadership and production management skills and experience to meet safety, quality, production, and cost objectives in a fast-paced, build-to-order, manufacturing environment.
- Accountable for delivering tangible results in support of business plan objectives.
- Establish and maintain operating efficiency standards to insure safety, quality, cost, and volume expectations are met.
- Work with Process Engineering and Production Supervisors to continuously improve internal processes and procedures. Researching new technologies and other methods to improve efficiency. Overseeing and improving the physical plant layout.
- Proactively trouble-shoot operational issues and drive implementation of resolutions.
- Anticipate and adjust for resource problems and roadblocks, organize people and activities, rotate and redistribute tasks as necessary to drive maximum efficiencies at minimum costs.
- Oversee day to day procurement activities while working with Corporate SCM groups to support strategic initiatives.
- Responsible for the direction, coordination and evaluation of Production Supervisors. Develop and encourage their technical and operational performance.
- Support Production Supervisors with interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assisting, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Spend appropriate amount of time to fully understand all aspects of daily operations to target coaching needs, training needs, team dynamics, staffing needs, and cost analysis.
- Accepts complete ownership for the department performance while demonstrating the leadership acumen to hold direct reports accountable for results. Provides clear, responsive, and innovative objectives and regularly manages employees to ensure these yearly objectives are met.
- Oversee Warehouse Department. Drive inventory control procedures and focus on operational excellence.
- Assist other leadership team members in the development and formulation of long and short-range planning, policies, programs, and objectives.
- Fosters and encourages teamwork in all departments in order to delight the customer. Carry out leadership responsibilities in accordance to company policies, procedures, safety, and applicable
- Bachelors degree in technical related discipline required.
- 10 years supervisory/management experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience managing procurement departments.
- Experience with Network Infrastructure copper and fiber cable assembly such as knowledge of components, processes, equipment, standards and terminology used in Network Infrastructure cable assembly production preferred.
- Thorough ability to read and interpret technical documents.
- Lean Manufacturing knowledge and application experience.
- Ability to think ahead and create action plans to achieve results.
- Problem analysis and resolution skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others. Strong leadership skills, including effective time management, prioritizing and delegation, are required.
- Ability to manage company personnel policies and procedures consistently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of personnel, including customers is a must.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, ambiguous and rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to multi-task; work on multiple projects.
- Excellent personal computing skills, particularly Microsoft Office.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information.
How To Apply: