AFL provides industry-leading fiber optic products and services across the globe. Our company was founded in 1984 with a single fiber optic cable and now we manufacture over two thousand products, employ over 5,000 associates and consistently generate annual sales in excess of a billion-dollars in revenue. With our commitment to professional growth and employee development, let AFL Connect you to your next career opportunity!
The fiber splicer must have the ability to splice fiber optic cable in outdoor settings in various weather conditions, have knowledge of construction practices for Outside Plant cable placement, ability to read, interpret, and update splicing schematics and diagrams. The person must have telecommunications experience and have the ability to travel as needed.
- Ability to read prints and understand the fiber optic color code to install and test fiber cable in a variety of environments (underground, aerial).
- Ability to use fiber fusion splicing machines (including a mass fusion splicing machine) and operate a variety of different OTDR and power meters.
- Ability to place of both aerial and underground splice closures along with a variety of other closures common to the splicing and termination of fiber optic cables.
- Perform testing utilizing OTDRs, Power Meter/Light Sources and VFLs. Record and document testing per customer specifications.
- Bond and ground fibers according to client specifications.
- Maintain a professional working attitude with co-workers and customers at all times and adhere to safety practices and procedures.
- Additional responsibilities as directed by the Foreman/Construction Manager.
*Familiarization with AFL fiber and splicing tools and materials is a plus*
- 5+ years of experience as a fiber splicer with experience on outside plant or system installations while working from blueprints, specifications, and system documentation.
- Will have a thorough working knowledge of most widely used construction practices of fiber cable.
- Current valid drivers license with a clean driving record is required.
- Must be capable of carrying a 24 foot ladder and wear fall protection when needed.
- Work up to 6 days per week in an all -weather environment and be willing to travel as required.
- All applicants must follow safety guidelines and wear personal protective equipment at all times.
- General hours of Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm, however the ability to provide support during and outside regular business hours is required
- Project related work hours and rotation to be determined based on project needs and requirements
- Work and project travel is required
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States of America.
AFL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not deny employment, benefits, or compensation to any individual on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected status or characteristic. The same applies to hiring and employing persons with disabilities, unless a disability prevents a person from performing the essential functions of a job with or without reasonable accommodation.
AFL supports the objectives of affirmative action and a work environment without discrimination. The Company calls upon and expects every individual with the Company to accept a personal responsibility for continuing the successful policy.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information.
How To Apply: