AFL provides industry-leading fiber optic products and services across the globe. Our company was founded in 1984 with a single fiber optic cable and now we manufacture over two thousand products, employ over 5,000 associates and consistently generate annual sales in excess of a billion-dollars in revenue. With our commitment to professional growth and employee development, let AFL Connect you to your next career opportunity!
This individual will be a member of the ACS Maintenance Team and will be committed to maintaining production equipment. He/She will be capable of applying their technical skills and experience to maximize equipment availability, identify causes of machine failure, and rectify those causes in a timely manner.
- Adhere to and promote the environmental, health & safety policies of AFL.
- Provide daily maintenance support for ACS production equipment to include preventive maintenance, troubleshooting equipment issues, and repair/rebuild of equipment.
- Assist in installation and startup of new equipment.
- Maintain and upgrade equipment documentation, particularly electrical schematics.
- Participate in development of equipment specifications as required for new products.
- Perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned
- Possess Associate degree in electrical engineering or demonstrate equivalent experience.
- Have industrial maintenance experience.
- Have knowledge of Programmable Logic Controllers, Variable Speed Drives, and CNC machines.
- Must be a dependable, professional self-starter who works to achieve challenging objectives with limited supervision.
- Team player with well-developed interpersonal skills who relates well to production personnel.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Read/comprehend mechanical and electrical drawings and understand: dimensions, tolerances, assembly relationships, electrical symbols and ladder diagrams.
- Solid understanding of complex electrical circuits and machine controls.
- Fundamental understanding of factory operations including safety, quality, production, and cost controls.
- Basic understanding of Environment Health and Safety (EHS) management systems to include: general safety rules, personal protective equipment, hazard recognition, behavioral based safety, incident reporting requirements, and environmental regulations.
- General understanding of quality management systems.
- User of Oracle R12 procurement process, intermediate user of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information.
How To Apply: