AFL provides industry-leading fiber optic products and services across the globe. Our company was founded in 1984 with a single fiber optic cable and now we manufacture over two thousand products, employ over 5,000 associates and consistently generate annual sales in excess of a billion-dollars in revenue. With our commitment to professional growth and employee development, let AFL Connect you to your next career opportunity!
The Operations Technology Analyst will support the strategy, design, implementation, and maintenance of an effective Manufacturing Execution System (MES) architecture that guides, triggers, and reports on plant activities as events occur, manages the workflow to efficiently and consistently manufacture high quality products, and monitors, controls, and optimizes the overall production process. The position will be a critical part of AFLs Operational Excellence strategy, providing hands-on development and implementation of MES solutions to monitor and control core manufacturing processes, and providing essential manufacturing intelligence for problem solving and continuous improvement initiatives. The position will work directly with I.T. and Controls Engineering to integrate the MES system with ERP functionality and shop floor interfaces (SCADA/PLC).
- Support the MES development process needed to support critical business strategies.
- Utilize knowledge and expertise to deploy and maintain modern MES solutions relevant to AFL manufacturing operational processes, configuration, system interfaces (transferring of data to and from systems), and data architecture.
- Support make-or-buy decisions related to relevant Operations Technology.
- Work closely with internal resources from e.g. IT, Technology, and Operations on designing, implementing, and maintaining effective system support for efficient and effective manufacturing execution.
- Oversee a system for using data from the shop floor to maintain and communicate status information on shop orders and work centers.
- Data analysis for support in continuous improvement activities.
- Maintain Discrete Job closing process, analyze variances, and report results to engineering and manufacturing managers.
- Minimum of an Associates degree in Computer Science, Operations Management or similar field required.
- 3 years experience within MES/SCADA arena (Ignition and Sepasoft experience strongly preferred)
- Demonstrated Experience in MES specification and implementation
- Experience with PLC
- Demonstrated experience in writing SQL queries
- Experienced in software development and coding (C#, .NET, Java, Python)
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information.
How To Apply: