AFL provides industry-leading fiber optic products and services across the globe. Our company was founded in 1984 with a single fiber optic cable and now we manufacture over two thousand products, employ over 5,000 associates and consistently generate annual sales in excess of a billion-dollars in revenue. With our commitment to professional growth and employee development, let AFL Connect you to your next career opportunity!
AFL is seeking a full time Fusion Splicing Component Specialist in Duncan, SC.
The Fusion Splicing Component Specialist reports to the Splicer Service/Support Manager and may be assigned to different projects as business needs dictate. The Test Bench Repair Technician will have electronics training and repair experience in a production or service environment with a strong mechanical aptitude and experience interfacing directly with customers.
- Test, diagnose and repair electro-mechanical fusion splicing equipment in a bench-repair environment
- Provide technical support to customers, sales agents and internal customers
- Perform quality control checks on new equipment prior to shipment to customers
- Build customer relationships and loyalty through direct customer service support
- Provide fast and dependable repair service and support
- Actively engage in continuous improvement processes and activities
- Associates degree or equivalent technical training and experience in an electronic or mechanical field preferred.
- Minimum 1 year work experience. Formal training in electronic or mechanical field preferred plus experience interfacing with the customer.
- Bilingual with the ability to communicate technical concepts both orally and in written form in both English and Spanish is a plus
- 1 year computer systems experience
- Travel 1 -2 times per year plus occasional weekend work required
- Ability to logically troubleshoot electro-mechanical equipment
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts
- Strong desire and ability to learn and expand fiber optic knowledge
- Ability to work independently or in a team effort
- Strong organizational skills
- Energetic desire to help the customer
- Active participation in process improvement efforts
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information.
How To Apply: