AFL provides industry-leading fiber optic products and services across the globe. Our company was founded in 1984 with a single fiber optic cable and now we manufacture over two thousand products, employ over 5,000 associates and consistently generate annual sales in excess of a billion-dollars in revenue. With our commitment to professional growth and employee development, let AFL Connect you to your next career opportunity!
Graphic Design Intern
The Graphic Design Intern is responsible for assisting with a wide variety of marketing projects for our various lines of business at AFL. This is an exciting opportunity for a college student to learn from industry leading creatives and designers and to gain work experience while using their education. This individual will be immersed in a variety of marketing aspects preparing the individual for a career in business, marketing, or graphic design, marketing, communications, or business.
The Graphic Design Intern will be responsible for:
- Executing changes and updates to data sheets, brochures, programs, catalogs and product profiles.
- Designing and preparing community and PR projects (flyers, posters, logos, etc.)
- Supporting the marketing department on a wide variety other projects through implementing design solutions.
- Must currently be a student at a four year college or university with a minimum 2.75 GPA.
- Experience creating graphics working with appropriate tools
- Working knowledge of digital file preparation for a variety of print media
- Computer illustration, photography, and photo retouching experience a plus
- Creative graphical capabilities
- Strong proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop.)
- Experience with Dreamweaver a plus
- The knowledge of how to prepare digital files for a variety of print media.
- Task oriented with the ability to execute a given project from start to finish in a timely manner.
- Strong team player skills enabling collaboration within marketing communications team as well as select interaction with the various business units within AFL.
- All candidates must provide a portfolio of their work to Mary Beth Blum at THIS EMAIL
- Must work at least 20 hours a week during the internship term and a minimum of three days each week
- Available term- summer 2018
Competencies for Success:
- Detail-oriented with strong design skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work independently, but also work as a contributing member of the Marketing Communications team.
- Enthusiasm for the design process.
Personal Profile Attributes:
Ability to work effectively under pressure and in time-sensitive situations; aptitude to coordinate multiple tasks and projects simultaneously; customer-focused.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information.
How To Apply: