AFL provides industry-leading fiber optic products and services across the globe. Our company was founded in 1984 with a single fiber optic cable and now we manufacture over two thousand products, employ over 5,000 associates and consistently generate annual sales in excess of a billion-dollars in revenue. With our commitment to professional growth and employee development, let AFL Connect you to your next career opportunity!
The Senior Design Release Engineer is responsible for designing new electrical distribution system (EDS) products and makes improvements to existing products. Evaluates products and processes for cost efficiency and reliability. Leads team to ensure that designs are completed to meet customer needs. Ensures that products, processes, and documentation conform to specifications and customer requirements.
- Designs electrical distribution system (EDS) products to meet all customer requirements and internal design standards.
- Generates a Bill of Material (BOM) and prints for product designs.
- Serves in a leadership role to advise less experienced engineers and to carry out management direction.
- Coordinates with Sales, Purchasing, and Manufacturing to assess product and processing costs and ensure that program cost targets are achieved.
- Provides proposals on cost/weight reduction to enhance productivity.
- Leads program status review meetings, design review meetings, and harness trial builds with customer, manufacturing, and purchasing.
- Attends customer meetings and build events.
- Maintains a program open issues list to track all issues (i.e., design, system, manufacturing, purchasing, and customer) which are related to the program.
- Reviews the open issues list with the customer, manufacturing, and purchasing.
- Coordinates program timing, part approvals, and master sample reviews.
- Supports future business opportunities by working closely with the Sales, Purchasing, and Manufacturing groups.
- Leadership skills
- Presentation skills
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- 6-10 years of experience in engineering or a related technical area,
- Demonstrated ability to manage Design Failure Mode Effects Analysis (DFMEA), and customer projects.
- Must also have demonstrated knowledge of vehicle electrical systems, engineering/technical requirements and standards, automotive component development, production processes, wire harness assembly processes, and wire harness components.
- Good communication and presentation skills also required.
- Recommended: Knowledge of Computer Aided Design (CAD) systems (CATIA and UG)
- Proficiency in using MS Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word.
- General Engineering Office Environment
- Occasional Travel
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information.
How To Apply: