AFL provides industry-leading fiber optic products and services across the globe. Our company was founded in 1984 with a single fiber optic cable and now we manufacture over two thousand products, employ over 5,000 associates and consistently generate annual sales in excess of a billion-dollars in revenue. With our commitment to professional growth and employee development, let AFL Connect you to your next career opportunity!
We are seeking an Application Engineer in our Cable and Connectivity group in Duncan, SC.
Responsible for providing the pre- and post- sales technical support for all AFL cable and connectivity products into the Service Provider and/or Enterprise Markets. This includes technical support and applications engineering support and integration of all AFL products. Provides technical support, application engineering support, installation support and product integration support to assure end customers needs are met. Supports Marketing and Sales teams in providing an AFL integrated solution approach and by being the technology representative to answer and address customers technical questions. Provides customer on-site support for installation of AFL products or field trials of new product introductions. Provides support for field investigations of product warranty claims. Provides input on product development to Product Line Manager and Design Engineering to ensure form, fit and function of new products from the customer perspective. Develops best practices, procedures, applications notes and other technical collateral to support customers needs for technical documentation and to promote AFL technical capabilities.
- Drive integration of product solutions for Enterprise and Service Provider Markets
- Support development of new technologies for Service Provider and Enterprise Markets
- Provides Technical support to Sales Team (direct sales staff and AFL agents)
- Provides Technical support for Customer Service group
- Provides Technical Training for customers and sales personnel
- Provide On-site installation support and contractor supervision
- Develop and write application notes and practices of system solutions
- Investigate new customer technology direction and provide feedback to product groups
- Manage support for beta test and field trials of AFL products
- Identify potential new product opportunities based on customer application needs
- Promote AFL industry leadership by publishing trade articles
- Bachelors degree in engineering.
- Engineering and technology experience, including Co-op experience
- 1+ years industry (Customer base) knowledge
- Advanced fiber optic systems design and technology skills preferred
- FTTx and Access System technology knowledge preferred
- LAN/WAN and Data Center technology knowledge preferred
- Voice, Data, Video Network Design experience preferred
- Integrated system solution experience preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- In-depth product knowledge and understanding of the product application of all AFL products
- Strong customer relationship building skills
- Advanced problem solving skills
- Multi-tasking capabilities. Able to change gears quickly and handle multiple high priorities
- Advanced Computer Skills Word processing, spreadsheets, database software
- Strong analytical capabilities
- Good organization and time management skills
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information.
How To Apply: