AFL, a leading fiber optics telecommunications company has openings for Supply Chain Co-ops in our Duncan, SC facility. These positions will start in August 2018 and rotate between on the job training and scholastic advancement for three terms. If you are looking for an exciting opportunity while gaining knowledgeable work experience AFL is the organization!
AFL provides industry-leading fiber optic products and services across the globe. Our company was founded in 1984 with a single fiber optic cable and now we manufacture over two thousand products, employ over 5,000 associates and consistently generate annual sales in excess of a billion-dollars in revenue. With our commitment to professional growth and employee development, let AFL Connect you to your next career opportunity!
The positions will support AFL Supply Chain teams in the areas of purchasing, planning, inventory management, shipping and receiving.
The Supply Chain Co-ops will rotate from college and AFL each semester. During the rotations, the co-ops will be assigned to different areas each semester allowing the co-op to gain experience in different areas of Supply Chain.
The Supply Chain Co-ops will be assigned to work with lead or a manager. The Supply Chain co-ops will also be supported with monthly meetings and mentorship with the Co-op Coordinator.
Available starting semesters: fall 2018
Responsibilities may include:
- Research and provide input on Supply Chain process related issues
- Analyze data, value stream mapping the processes to outline improvement opportunities and develop improvement recommendations
- Document and report results of process improvement recommendations to management
- Researching market sources related to commodities to identify applicable benchmarks to predict cost changes
- Research and establish contacts with potential new vendors to develop additional or new sources for raw materials
- Engage in inventory analysis (volumes, kanban, aging, obsolescence)
- Develop and manage processes and supplier relationships associated with Outsourcing and Outside Processing
- Assist in the bidding and resell of material regarded as unusable
- Currently pursuing a Bachelors degree Supply Chain or Business Administration with concentration in Operations and/or Process improvement.
- At least Sophomore standing with a minimum 2.75 GPA
Competencies for success:
- High energy
- Willingness to learn
- Detail oriented
- Proficient in MS Office
- Proficient in data analysis software programs
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information.
How To Apply: