AFL provides industry-leading fiber optic products and services across the globe. Our company was founded in 1984 with a single fiber optic cable and now we manufacture over two thousand products, employ over 5,000 associates and consistently generate annual sales in excess of a billion-dollars in revenue. With our commitment to professional growth and employee development, let AFL Connect you to your next career opportunity!
The Continuous Improvement Engineer utilizes knowledge of industrial engineering concepts to assess the feasibility of potential improvements and eliminate non-value added effort. The incumbents primary responsibilities are to improve efficiency, reduce waste, and find cost savings.
- Champion for AFLs QPS (Quality, Productivity, Savings) program which is an employee-based suggestion program intended to promote continuous improvement efforts
- Refine and retool AFLs QPS program to as a means to improve the safe working conditions of AFLs global production facilities as well as its service-based businesses while providing cost-savings through waste reduction and efficiency improvements
- Develop formal plans and guidelines to govern the QPS program, including, but not limited to, a written program policy, committee member requirements, rewards and incentives, timelines for responses, etc.
- Track and validate suggestions from AFLs QPS program
- Using IE skills, assess the viability of suggestions and when practical, assist with the execution of the suggestions or otherwise, assign the necessary actions to implement the suggestion in a timely fashion
- Develop annual metrics and methods to improve employee participation in the QPS program
- In conjunction with Operations and Quality teams, develop annual metrics for cost savings and productivity improvements and lead the effort to deliver the annual targets
- Prepare report outs to leadership and identify risk mitigation steps to ensure suggestions are implemented in a timely fashion
- Collaborate with Marketing and Human Resources to develop and implement an intentional communications plan for the QPS program to increase its visibility and elevate its importance within the organization
- Create and deliver QPS program training for new hires (employee orientation) as well as existing managers, program approvers and participants throughout AFL
- Expand the QPS program to include all of AFLs global locations
- Analytical thinker capable of making decisions, often with imperfect or incomplete data
- Enthusiastic team player with the ability to train and motivate others
- Excellent communication skills: ability to relay information, whether technical or non-technical to associates at all levels, in a clear and concise manner; strong writing and presentation skills
- Eagerness to achieve challenging goals
- Strong organizational and collaboration skills with the ability to develop plans and set priorities
- 0-2 years of work experience as an Value Engineer, or similar role
- Proven ability to deliver results
- Experience delivering presentations
- Advanced Computer Skills Word processing, spreadsheets, database software
- Normal Office Environment
- The ability to travel domestically and/or internationally though this is expected to be limited
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information.
How To Apply: