AFL provides industry-leading fiber optic products and services across the globe. Our company was founded in 1984 with a single fiber optic cable and now we manufacture over two thousand products, employ over 5,000 associates and consistently generate annual sales in excess of a billion-dollars in revenue. With our commitment to professional growth and employee development, let AFL Connect you to your next career opportunity!
The Supply Chain Data Analyst (Analyst) is an entry level position with potential for acquiring supply chain practical knowledge, daily exposure to a dynamic manufacturing environment in a highly technical industry and experience in a multinational company organization with continuous growth improvement opportunities.
The Analyst is responsible for data gathering (extract, entry, sorting, filtering, etc.) and reporting in support of the Purchasing function of the Cable Supply Chain department. The incumbent uses quantitative and analytical approaches to draw and represent data in a usable format for decision making by Raw Material Buyers. The Analyst is to outline efficiency gaps, research and propose efficiency improvement solutions; the incumbent may be involved in new software development and testing designed to eliminate manual processes for higher efficiency gains.
- Extracts spend data from ERP system and maintains raw material spend file; mines data for abnormal trends drastic volume increase; purchase price discrepancies relative to standard cost, etc.
- Prepares Purchase Price Variance (PPV) reporting as input for S&OP meetings; tracking variances outside of set parameters to outline proposals for standard cost update
- Communicates with suppliers to obtain/correct documentation related to purchased raw materials NAFTA certifications, Certificates of Origin (COO), Certificate of Analysis (COA), etc.
- Maintains open Purchase Order (PO) lines - PO line status, update promise dates, track expedite request and/or overdue shipments; suppliers COAs documents; etc.
- Monitors Accounts Payable invoice holds for ordered quantity and received, investigates discrepancies to identify root causes and develops solutions. Gathers and interprets AP hold pattern data, communicates findings and recommendations to facilitate change (setting tolerance levels, updating invoice format, etc.)
- Assists with Temporary Change Authorization (TCA) and EC (Engineering Change) entry and extension
- Maintains inputs, develops periodic reports to track performance metrics On Time Delivery (OTD), Value Add/Value Engineering (VA/VE), Stock on hand in months based on consumption levels , etc.
- Maintains commodity intelligence file; issues updates on commodity trend shifts and/or abrupt spikes/dips
- Maintains fiber extracts and executes on fiber data uploads facilitating fiber receipts
- Updates order status for wire orders in ERP (Review to Scheduled) to release sales orders in Quality Collection Plan for OPGW wire orders
- Assist with USAC steel weekly demand requirements update for all raw steel grades
- Regularly updates forecast for Premise SKUs based on consumption levels by item to refresh data in ERP for anticipatory purchases aligned with demand
- Provides analytical support for projects, new business opportunities and proposals.
- Assists with supply chain activities as required.
- Detail oriented; with high analytical aptitude.
- Quick hands-on learner.
- Has strong communication skills.
- Feels comfortable working with individuals at all organizational levels.
- Excels at project management.
- Self-motivated and self-directed.
- Possesses a broad range of computer skills such as the creation and utilization of databases, spreadsheets, statistical applications and logistics software packages.
- Prior work experience is not required but preferred. Experience in any functions of the Supply Chain (Sourcing, Purchasing, Inventory Control, Shipping and Logistics, Receiving) is a plus. Experience and/or demonstrated understanding of internal customer requirements at a manufacturing facility is a plus.
- Associates degree in Business and/or Applied Statistics; Supply Chain & Logistics major preferred. In lieu of education, a candidate with experience and demonstrated professional achievements in the supply chain field may be considered.
- Office environment; occasionally may need to visit user departments on manufacturing floor.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information.
How To Apply: