AFL provides industry-leading fiber optic products and services across the globe. Our company was founded in 1984 with a single fiber optic cable and now we manufacture over two thousand products, employ over 5,000 associates and consistently generate annual sales in excess of a billion-dollars in revenue. With our commitment to professional growth and employee development, let AFL Connect you to your next career opportunity!
The Account Manager is responsible for sales, business development and account management activities specifically focused on development of strong customer relationships within a defined geographic territory. The position entails all aspects of sales and marketing including, but not limited to, developing a formal written Territory Business Development Plan.
Only local candidates will be considered.
- Identifying, qualifying, and capturing sales opportunities by presenting advanced integrated solutions that address convergence, IP telephony, network switching, routing and security, structured cabling, wireless networks, and physical security.
- Identifying customer requirements and developing appropriate solutions.
- Developing new accounts and new contacts.
- Preparing, presenting, and reviewing solutions and quotations to prospective customers to close sales opportunities.
- Achieving sales objectives.
- Developing comprehensive Business Development Plan to establish goals and objectives.
- Bidding on potential jobs.
- Interpersonal skills able to collaborate on projects, maintain effective relationships, and communicate clearly at all levels of business
- Communication Skills Demonstrate communication skills necessary to interpret policies in situations requiring persuasion and prepare and present presentations,
- Relationship building skills ability to work within a dynamic team setting and provide role model leadership to AFL workforce
- Analytical Thinking Exceptional ability to analyze data and utilize it to make sound decisions
- Results focused Ability to organize and manage multiple, and at time competing priorities
- Conflict Management and Resolution Skills - Build consensus, anticipate and solve problems
- Bachelor`s degree in Sales, Marketing, or Business.
- Must have 3 to 5 years of experience in outside sales.
- Ability to develop and present comprehensive sales proposals.
- Handle confidential/sensitive information with discretion.
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills.
- Proficient in MS Office, specifically Excel, Word, Visio, and Power Point
- Comprehensive understanding of contract scope and requirements for pro-active management of projects and integration into processes
- Use of standard office equipment.
- Frequent driving.
- Moderate overnight travel.
- Moderate pressure to meet customer and company deadlines.
- General hours of Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm. But ability to provide support during and outside regular business hours is required.
- Must be able to work in the United States.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information.
How To Apply: