AFL provides industry-leading fiber optic products and services across the globe. Our company was founded in 1984 with a single fiber optic cable and now we manufacture over two thousand products, employ over 5,000 associates and consistently generate annual sales in excess of a billion-dollars in revenue. With our commitment to professional growth and employee development, let AFL Connect you to your next career opportunity!
The Application Engineer provide technical support to a specific market or customer for a product/group of products, which include creating application notes, instruction manuals and conducting training. The incumbent initiates: New Product Requests (NPR), Engineering Change Requests (ECR) to existing products, supports all external Requests for Quote responses and assists in product development activities.
- Provide pre - and post - technical support to sales, customer service representatives and customers
- Conduct product training both internally for company associates and externally for customers, sales agents and representatives
- Create documents for new product introductions, installation instructions, application notes and product specification guidelines
- Initiate NPR and ECR processes Interact with manufacturing, sales and research teams to develop and market new products
- Lead RFx response efforts
- Supports Request for Quote response efforts
- Remain up to date and knowledgeable on the most current competitor product offerings and technology
- Adhere to and promote the environmental, health and safety policies of AFL.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Self-starter with integrity and confidence who strives to achieve under all circumstances
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Well-developed personal skills, comfortable in a cross-cultural environment
- Strong presentation and technical writing skills
- Minimum education: Bachelor`s degree in Mechanical, Optical, Industrial, or Electrical Engineering
- Entry level up to 3 years of experience in a manufacturing or industrial environment
- Experience or knowledge of fiber optics, is a plus
- Work in a controlled manufacturing environment
- Travel up to 50%
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information.
How To Apply: