AFL provides industry-leading fiber optic products and services across the globe. Our company was founded in 1984 with a single fiber optic cable and now we manufacture over two thousand products, employ over 5,000 associates and consistently generate annual sales in excess of a billion-dollars in revenue. With our commitment to professional growth and employee development, let AFL Connect you to your next career opportunity!
We are seeking a full time Systems Administrator in our Monroe, NC location. The Systems Administrator is a member of a support organization that maximizes technical resources to enable AFLs businesses to succeed. The System Engineer provides professional, accurate, and timely technical support to AFL associates at multiple locations throughout North America mostly via telephone, email, and remote support tools, while also providing some deskside support. The Engineer manages technical support issues with varying degrees of priority, requiring the ability to multi-task and prioritize, ensuring that the needs of associates are met, carrying out projects as assigned, supporting other team members and representing the team in a professional manner at all times. The Engineer will be required to be a part of an on-call rotation in order to provide support in other time zones.
- Perform imaging, installation, configuration, and maintenance of desktop, laptop, and printing assets for AFL associates.
- Apply and follow standardized conventions and policies to ensure proper configuration, functioning, and tracking of company assets.
- Manage activities and respond to logged incidents using ticketing system.
- Provide troubleshooting analysis and root cause resolution of hardware and software issues.
- Provide support for Windows7+ operating system, Microsoft Office 2013+, and some customer-specific software applications.
- Provide education and troubleshooting support for remote access functionality.
- Provide basic support for mobile device connectivity to AFLs Exchange environment.
- Work and communicate effectively with external partners and customers where necessary to research/resolve application issues.
- Perform basic hardware modifications, upgrades, and repairs as appropriate, leveraging warranty coverage where possible.
- Contribute to the maintenance of a complete and accurate asset inventory.
- Respond to malware alerts to isolate, analyze, and clean the hardware with appropriate priority, escalating for assistance where necessary.
- Participate in desktop and server software update/patch/upgrade testing and implementation.
- Assist with capital budgeting and planning; research, plan, document, and justify needed upgrades, replacements, and improvements.
- Maintain clean, orderly, organized network closets, racks, and cabinets.
- Work closely with team members to share information and escalate issues appropriately.
- Assist with the education of AFLs users regarding all facets of our information services.
- Consistently demonstrate professionalism and initiative; perform essential job functions with little or no supervision and assist other IT personnel as required.
- A minimum of Associate Degree or High School Diploma/GED with additional experience is required.
- CompTIA A+ required.
- 3 or more years in Information Technology in the technical support field required.
- The candidate will be expected to demonstrate competency in the following technologies:
- Desktop and laptop hardware support fundamentals
- Microsoft Windows client operating system
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Account management and maintenance in Active Directory and Exchange
- Workstation imaging/staging
- Familiarity with wired and wireless networking hardware and concepts
- System Center Configuration Manager experience a plus
- Citrix XenApp and Receiver a plus
- Avaya IPOffice experience a plus
- Occasional after-hours and weekend work as required for emergency support and planned maintenance events.
- Limited travel only as projects require. Scheduled after-hours and weekend on-call rotation required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with all levels of users
- Strong Customer Focus and Customer Service attitude
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information.
How To Apply: