AFL provides industry-leading fiber optic products and services across the globe. Our company was founded in 1984 with a single fiber optic cable and now we manufacture over two thousand products, employ over 5,000 associates and consistently generate annual sales in excess of a billion-dollars in revenue. With our commitment to professional growth and employee development, let AFL Connect you to your next career opportunity!
We are seeking a Regional Sales Manager for our OEM market in the Midwest. The Regional Sales Manager position will drive sales, insure customer satisfaction, and report to the organization customer needs. The RSM is responsible for maximizing sales of targeted products and services at a given account or accounts. The RSM will be responsible to work with his / her NSM to prioritize activities by customer potential, short term and long term, and to determine the best route to market strategies for each applicable sales opportunity. Regional Sales Managers will be primarily responsible for developing and maintaining relationships at key accounts providing direct sales and implementation support for AFLs products. This position can be based in virtually any large city within the Midwest region.
- Work with AFLs internal BUs (Business Units) to set, and attain, goals for each specific area; targeted accounts, product needs, etc.
- Develop and manage AFLs connectivity opportunities with optical module, datacom, and telecom equipment manufacturers in the defined territory
- Promote and support AFLs optical connectivity technologies and products to the defined customer segment
- Promote, demonstrate, and support AFLs fusion splicing equipment to customers in the defined territory
- Maintain a high level of knowledge regarding AFLs products and services and their applications to the potential customers. Act in a consultative role to the customer to insure that they can easily order, install, and add value to their internal programs with AFLs products and services.
- Maintain sufficient knowledge of customers business to recognize opportunities and be perceived by the customer as a problem solver and cost displacement specialist.
- Manage all selling expenses within the established travel & expense budgets.
- Establish sources to provide information or competitive pricing, market activities, transaction usage and other information about the assigned account(s) or target markets.
- Provide direction to the customer service representatives in support of customer needs.
- Assist in training and orientation of new customer sales organizations as required.
- Meet or exceed planned sales levels for all products and services at targeted accounts and/or targeted market segments.
- Develop sales plans for the overall market and strategic account plans for the respective targeted accounts.
- Position AFL for sustained growth in the market.
- Conduct sales calls to implement account and/or target market strategies as developed in conjunction with the marketing manager in support of AFLs business objectives.
- Utilize salesforce.com as the key communication reporting mechanism.
- Participate in national and regional trade shows and/or conferences in accordance with the account or target market strategy and in coordination with the NSM, with the objective of maintaining or improving customer relationships and prospecting for new business.
- Bachelors degree required, preferably in a technical field. MBA, or other master degree, is a strong plus.
- A minimum of 3 years selling experience including industry experience. Targeted background in a relevant field; Telecommunications, fiber optics, photonics, technical sales to OEM customers.
- Strong computer skills required. Basic requirements are Microsoft office suite of products
- Experience with SalesForce.com a plus.
- Strong communication skills required. Must be able to clearly articulate thoughts, strategies, and develop logical action plans.
- Must be able to travel approximately 50% of the time.
- Knowledge of the customers and distribution channels that serve the customer base required.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information.
How To Apply: