AFL provides industry-leading fiber optic products and services across the globe. Our company was founded in 1984 with a single fiber optic cable and now we manufacture over two thousand products, employ over 5,000 associates and consistently generate annual sales in excess of a billion-dollars in revenue. With our commitment to professional growth and employee development, let AFL Connect you to your next career opportunity!
The Marketing Communications Intern is responsible for assisting with a wide variety of Marketing Communications projects for our various lines of business at AFL. This is an exciting opportunity for a college student to gain important work experience while using their education. This individual will be immersed in a variety of marketing aspects preparing the individual for a career in marketing, communications, business, customer service, or sales.
- Assist with specific writing assignments (press releases, case studies, collateral research and preparation, website research, etc.)
- Prepare documents and assist with website content entry
- Work closely on various community-related projects, including creative development, event planning, and writing
- Assist with trade show logistics and coordination
- Assist with a variety of special projects as needed
- Contribute to the overall success of the Marketing Communications team
- Pursuing a Bachelors Degree in Journalism, Marketing, Communications, Business Administration or related field; at least a sophomore at a 4 year accredited university with a minimum 2.75 GPA. In certain instances, other liberal arts majors may be applicable to this internship.
- Computer/Technical skills: Proficient in MS Office Suite (particularly Word and PowerPoint).
- Available term- fall 2018
Competencies for Success:
- Detail-oriented with strong writing skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work independently, but also work as a contributing member of the Marketing Communications team
- Ability to adapt and learn quickly
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and InDesign is advantageous
Personal Profile Attributes:
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and in time-sensitive situations; aptitude to coordinate multiple tasks and projects simultaneously; tireless attention to detail; customer-focused and quality-driven.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information.
How To Apply: