AFL provides industry-leading fiber optic products and services across the globe. Our company was founded in 1984 with a single fiber optic cable and now we manufacture over two thousand products, employ over 5,000 associates and consistently generate annual sales in excess of a billion-dollars in revenue. With our commitment to professional growth and employee development, let AFL Connect you to your next career opportunity!
Our Territory Sales Manager (Omaha, NE and Des Moines, IA) is responsible for maximizing sales of targeted products and services for the Enterprise Market and uncovering opportunities and driving sales growth in their territory/region. Territory Sales Managers will also be responsible for developing new accounts and maintaining relationships at key accounts providing sales and implementation support for AFLs products and services in the Enterprise market.
- Achieve or exceed planned sales levels for all products and services within targeted market segments, regions and/or targeted accounts.
- Conduct sales calls to implement account and/or target market strategies as developed in conjunction with the Regional Sales Manager in support of AFLs business objectives.
- Using professional selling skills, generate preference for AFLs products and services.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge regarding AFLs products and services and their applications to the potential customers. Act in a consultative role to the customer to insure that they can easily order, install, an add value to their internal programs with our products and services.
- Maintain sufficient knowledge of customers business to recognize opportunities and be perceived by the customer as a problem solver and cost displacement specialist. New opportunities as well as their business potential should be communicated to the Regional Sales Manager on a timely basis.
- Provide weekly call summaries and call reports to the Regional Sales Manager, the organization and internal support personnel on a timely basis. A call report or a brief summary should be written for all meetings or telephone contacts where significant issues are discussed, or actions are required.
- Utilize salesforce.com as the key customer relation database.
- Regularly conduct presentations on AFL Enterprise Solution sets to all business partners and End-Users.
- Provide basic training to potential and current customers on AFL Products that are part of the AFL Enterprise Portfolio
- Manage all selling expenses within the established travel & expense budgets.
- Establish sources to provide information or competitive pricing, market activities, transaction usage and other information about the assigned account(s) or target markets.
- Provide direction to the customer service representatives in support of customer needs.
- Provide information as required by the Regional and National Sales Manager to assist in development of twelve-month rolling forecasts.
- Report all customer problems to the Regional Sales Manager as quickly as possible to ensure the problem is resolved in a timely manner. Track the progress of the problem resolution and insure that it meets the requirements of the customer.
- Participate in national and regional trade shows and/or conferences in accordance with the account or target market strategy and in coordination with the RSM and NSM, with the objective of maintaining or improving customer relationships and prospecting for new business.
- Maintain a current organizational chart with the names, titles, phone numbers, and addresses for all key customer contacts.
- Manage the flow of information and communications between AFL and key account(s) and/or target markets in accordance with the account strategy and in coordination with the RSM, with the objective of improving customer relationships.
- Assist in training and orientation of new customer sales organizations as required.
- Continually improve selling skills through participation in training and seminars, supervisory feedback, self-evaluation, and customer feedback.
- Personal Qualities
- Knowledge of the customers and distribution channels that serve the customer base.
- Good understanding of the base technology and emerging trends in fiber as it is deployed in the specific market segments the TSM would cover
- A good understanding of AFL product solutions and their fit into the TSMs assigned markets
- Looking for a strong and energetic sales person who wants to grow with a dynamic organization
- Individual needs to be self-motivated and driven.
- Project management experience would be a plus.
- Strong intrapersonal skills
- Ability to work both remotely and independently
- Exhibit strong technical aptitude
- Bachelor`s Degree preferred
- 2+ years of sales working experience.
- Excellent communication skills (oral & written)
- Strong computer systems skills (Power Point, Excel, Word); experience with salesforce.com CRM a plus
- Good understanding of passive optical products and there placement in the enterprise market place along with experience with fusion splicing and testing fundamentals. Any FOT, BICSI or TLB course certifications are a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information.
How To Apply: