AFL provides industry-leading fiber optic products and services across the globe. Our company was founded in 1984 with a single fiber optic cable and now we manufacture over two thousand products, employ over 5,000 associates and consistently generate annual sales in excess of a billion-dollars in revenue. With our commitment to professional growth and employee development, let AFL Connect you to your next career opportunity!
AFL is seeking a full time Network Infrastructure Consultant (Fiber Optic Inside Sales) for our Network Infrastructure Sales Team in Kent, WA with our AFL Hyperscale division. The Inside Sales Representative will provide mentorship and process leadership in the achievement of overall department objectives. The will provide application and technical support in the creation of custom network infrastructure products and solutions to our customers as well as drive overall execution of the solution through various departments to ensure successful delivery as a measured customer experience. They will establish relationships with key customer to ensure total customer satisfaction and continued business.
- Create an outbound lead generation and qualification process.
- Respond to inbound (phone and email) customer requests for product orders.
- Provide and interpret technical information and works with customers to determine Hyperscale network infrastructure.
- Advise customer of product pricing by generating quotes and purchase agreements.
- Collaborate with Engineering on special orders, assists with product design to meet customers needs.
- Keep customers informed as to status of orders and shipment dates.
- Engage in analytical problem solving for troubleshooting issues with an order, invoice, inventory, and determines a resolution.
- Act as liaison between Account Managers, Manufacturing, Purchasing, and Finance.
- Meet sales quota in partnership / support of Hyperscale Account Managers.
- Expand customer and prospective customer lists, making contacts via cold calls, emails, marketing materials, etc. Promote and sell products at acceptable margins.
- Work with management to develop annual sales forecast by providing information such as volume changes, product types, customer needs.
- Mentor team members and fosters positive learning environment.
- Help implement core technology as we automate core ERP and CRM processes.
- Offer management ideas and suggestions for process improvement.
- Keep up to date knowledge of structured cabling and Hyperscale industry.
- Bachelors degree in a Technical discipline, or 5 years of experience in structured cabling and data center environment.
- Minimum of 5 years of sales experience in network infrastructure or network engineering or cabling environment.
- Minimum 5 years of experience interacting with customers to provide data center products and solutions.
- Technical knowledge of network design and capabilities, to include a basic understanding of fiber optics and cable assembly manufacturing.
- Flexible and adaptable to work in a rapidly changing, fast-paced environment.
- Must be highly motivated with a strong sense of urgency and desire to meet customer expectations.
- Innovative and creative with problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work at peak performance in keeping the team focus, goals and forecast in the forefront.
- Ability to sense and relate observations to business opportunities.
- Excellent communication skills in both written and verbal form with external and internal contacts.
- Excellent organizational skills, detail-oriented approach and thorough in completing tasks.
- Computer skills, Microsoft office products.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Professional reputation and image required at all times.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information.
How To Apply: