Would you like to work with a phenomenal team focused on creating an outstanding experience for customers? Are you good at identifying inconsistencies and flaws? Can you work thru a web of detailed requirements without losing sight of the end user’s needs? Would you like to apply your skills to deliver excellent products that make someone’s life better?
Acato is looking for a talented software developer with a passion for excellence to play a key role in ensuring applications truly solve complex business problems. In this full-time position, you will join a fast-paced development team that utilizes an Agile development process. SQA activities are integrated from the very beginning of each development cycle. Responsibilities start with defining requirements that will accomplish our customers’ business goals and include developing test suites to ensure the final product truly solves their problem. A particular emphasis will be on designing and developing automated tests. The position requires strong software development skills, including scripting and query development, as well as experience in the design, development and execution of testing within the development cycle.
Acato is a woman-owned small business that partners with private and government organizations on exciting and growing projects. Our work environment is team oriented and employee friendly. You will join a high-performing team which was recognized by the Project Management Institute as the Distinguished Project of the Year in 2010. Expectations are high, the work is interesting and varied, and the team environment is invigorating.
· Work with the product owner and stake holders to define and clarify requirements
· Design and develop test suites to achieve functional and non-functional quality goals
· Conduct all aspects of testing, including functional, usability, system, data validation, and regression to ensure that the resulting product not only satisfies specified requirements but also solves the customer’s business problem
· Create effective automated tests to maximize benefit of manual testing
· Accurately and precisely communicate results and the state of the product to support good business decisions
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
· Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or a related discipline
· Minimum of 4 years of experience with software design and development
· Demonstrated skill in test design, development, and execution
· Good scripting skills in at least one common language (Python, Perl, Shell)
· Proficiency in SQL, MS SQL Server, stored procedures, triggers, and ETL processes
· Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
· Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills with a mindset of continuous improvement
· Self-motivated: Ability to independently learn and actively seek new skills
· Ability to work successfully within a team environment while managing changing priorities and overlapping schedules
· Plus: Proficiency in SharePoint, SharePoint Designer, Visual Studio, .NET, SQL, SQL Reporting Services, SQL Analysis Services, Windows Workflow Foundation, Forms Services and InfoPath
· Plus: Working knowledge of SharePoint, SAP, P6
How To Apply:
Please email your resume and cover letter
Acato Information Management, LLC
Acato Information Management, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We use E-Verify.