See all jobs in Greenville NC
Job Location: Greenville, North Carolina
8:00am - 5:00pm
I. JOB SUMMARY
Responsible for investigating and resolving technical problems involving production assembly, production equipment, and other systems affecting production.
Provides support for all manufacturing processes and follows up on the building of pilot production. Able to detect problems and determine the best Kaizen plans in accordance with the provided conditions.
II. MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
· Coordinate the development of projects with engineering, maintenance and manufacturing.
· Responsible for establishing systems necessary to enhance departmental performance.
· Responsible for training associates on new processes.
· Establish and maintain operational efficiency analysis.
· Investigate problems/ processes and notify affected departments and implement appropriate action as needed.
· Must be able to contact responsible departments/personnel for basic kaizen plans based on operational analysis results.
· Assign specific improvement projects that will need to be completed in a timely manner.
· Continuous improvement of existing manufacturing equipment and processes.
· Completes and communicates necessary reports to management.
· Participate in internal auditing for TS16949, ISO14001 or Safety.
· Evaluate/Improve IE basic operations.
· Responsible for Kaizen Activities related to Kanban systems.
III. SCOPE OF JOB
· Responsible for investigation of problems/processes in the specific area and implementing recommended countermeasures.
· Must understand basic operational kaizen taken from supervisor’s instruction.
· Must be able to communicate effectively with outside resources and all levels of internal resources in both written and oral formats.
· Must be proficient with computers.
· Must be able to work with a minimum of supervision.
· Requires teamwork and participation in Employee Involvement, TS16949 and ISO14000.
· Must be able to create easy jig and measurement tools specifications and improve existing specifications.
· Must be able to set up and revise standard Koshu.
· Gather all information regarding operational efficiency and prepare presentations.
· May require some travel.
· Other duties as required.
IV. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
· 2year degree in an Industrial Engineering focused program is required.
· Requires knowledge of drawing rules, production control systems and EDP.
· Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Must have investigative and analytical skills in order to evaluate and make recommendations.
· Refer to Physical Essential Job Function manual.
· Knowledge of IE methods or Toyota Manufacturing System requirements is a plus.
V. QUALITY/ENVIRONMENTAL ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Understand your job responsibilities to perform, monitor and control the process.
· Follow all procedures and work instructions pertaining to your assignment and make recommendations to improve the process.
· Notify Management immediately when problems or non-conformances are detected.
· Appropriately record problem or non-conformance to ensure corrective action and preventative measures are taken.
· Assist in the problem solving process, corrective action and prevention activities.
· Contain or stop the process as necessary to prevent non-conforming material from contaminating good material.
· Learn, understand, communicate and practice the Quality and Environmental Management Systems.
· Play an active role in achieving and maintaining TS16949and ISO-14001.
How To Apply:
No relocation package offered.
Please email us your resume.
ASMO Greenville of N.C., Inc.